Friday, October 16, 2009

My Kindergardner!

So I know they have been in school for months now but just a brief look back on my little man, who just isnt so little anymore. I wasnt worried about him starting kindergarden, but its different then preschool. Dont get me wrong, the kid is smart, damn smart, sometimes too smart. And while he is home he acts like he is twelve they way he talks and tries to rule the roost. But I thought he may be a little intimidated with kindergarden, new BIG school, everyday, lots of new friends. He is kinda shy. YA, I was soooo wrong. Not too brag or anything (or Im totally bragging, dont hate me!!) I had his parent teacher conference in October, the kid is amazing. He has passed every assessment test with not only flying colors but some that would stick him in first grade. All the bench marks for first trimester testing were no problem for him, he is testing where he should be at the end of the year. His teacher adores him. She tells me every morning, she wont even know hes there yet and she calls his name for attendance and his whole face lights up with that ridiculously huge handsome smile and it makes her day. She just thinks he is the sweetest little boy alive. I have to say i agree. ;0) But Im his mom, Im allowed. She says he plays great with everyone, even the girls! He tends to teach the boys in his class all the football fundamentals at recess. He shows them high knees, back pedals, sprints, 3 point stance. HAHA. She also said he is totally maticulous with his work. Everything he does he has to do perfectly. Which sometimes means he wont be totally done with a project when its time to move on to the next, she even had one of his papers on her desk so he could finish coloring it when they went back to school monday. Then she showed me his name next to some of the other kids and she cracked up because "most kindergardners once they learn how to write their name, just write it as fast as they can, Jackson makes sure every single line and hump is PERFECT!" Oh gosh, Im in trouble. Keep in mind, if I havent told you before this is the kid who will stand in fron of the mirrors FOREVER just staring at himself, fixing his hair, flexing, whatever. Ya safe to say Im going to have MR Perfectionist on my hands. Anyways, he LOVES kindergarden and is doing awesome. The kids a superstar!

No comments: