Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Great Student!!

We had Jacks conference/open house today. He is doing AMAZING!!! He totally surpasses most of the kindergarden expectations in every subject and got nothing but praise from Mrs Iverson. He is still incredibly "perfect" when he does his work, but after a few talks from mom he is using that time more wisely. At the beginning of the year she had told me he takes FOREVER to do everything, not because he doesnt know how or is slow but takes so much pride in making it perfect that he truly "takes his time". Finally as the workload increased, she was concerned he wouldnt keep up so she sent a paper home one day for him to do cuz he didnt have time to finsih it in class. So we had a serious talk about him not "rushing through things" but about how not everything has to be PERFECT. I mean for goodness sake, you should see some of these kindergardners writing/papers. They are a mess- Wyatt could do better! Ever since then she said he spends alot less time erasing and perfecting and more time just getting it done! My mom says I was like that when I was little, little miss perfectionist, I certainly dont remember but maybe its hereditary lol. He showed Luke and I all the stuff they do in class and we got to see alot of his work there at school. One thing we saw was their Martin Luther King "I have a dream" projects. Well Jacks "dream" was to be a policeman" and he drew a picture of him, his police car, his gun and his K9, just like his Uncle Ryan, I almost died, it was soooo cute. I immediately took a picture and sent it to Ryan! I cant believe how old he is getting. We are so proud of him and all his Kindergarden accomplishments, he never ceases to amaze us!

1 comment:

The Trotter Family said...

Go Jack! He is pretty amazing and I love that he is a perfectionist. Does that mean he keeps his room clean? If nothing else, it means he is a pleaser!