Friday, February 27, 2009

Finally Some Disneyland!

After our passes not working in December and some of january, we got way too busy to attempt disneyland. Finally on friday night we got to go. We drove up about 6pm and had dinner there. i was thinking probably by the time we got there people would be leaving and others would be coming... well I dont think anyone left. They all just kept coming! It was packed. Even during the summer on a friday night it isnt half that bad. I was shocked. And we all know how much I hate lines and crowds, well Luke is 15 times worst! At one point I yelled at him for being so cranky and to just make the best of it. We still got quite a few rides in, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Star wars, Buzz Lightyear, Dumbo, Tea cups, where Luke insisted on spinning us so fast I thought three of the four of were going to hurl, and the rockets ship things that fly through the air at Ca Adventure... which i wont lie kinda freaked me out a little... and freaked Wyatt out ALOT! He kept saying "I do this with my hands!" and he would throw his little arms in the air with his fingers spread like he was on a roller coaster... well his arms in the air with that big goofy grin only lasted about 30 seconds til those suckers really got going, then it was a wimper here and there and the most worried look of all time. Not to mention clinched fists on the bar in front of him haha. However the best story of this trip has to be Luke on the brother bear trail. O gosh... I dont think I can tell this story to be half as funny as it actually was but bare with me. So we are on this trail thing thats filled with rope bridges and slides and its kinda like a big tree house. Well the kids wanted to go down this underground slide thing. So Jack went, then I went, then Wy and all three of us are sitting at the bottom waiting for Luke. Well being Luke, he wants to see just how fast he can go down this. So he curls up in a ball basically and is sliding on his back/butt with his fleece sweatshirt on. I tried snapping a picture at the bottom but I only got his feet :( but all the sudden he comes flying out of the tube and shoots like 5 feets through the air and lands smack on his ass on the floor. I dropped to to the floor crying I was laughing so hard. He was laying on the ground cracking up saying "I was trying to go super fast!" WELL YOU SUCCEEDED!!! Holy crap it was so funny. I am dying laughing picturing it in my head right now. Like I said, not half as funny as being there watching this 200 pound guy fly off a kiddie slide but Im sure you can still appreciate it! lol The kids were troopers til we finally decided at 10 minutes til midnight that it was cold and time to go... before we even got out the gates they were both crashed in the stroller!

Heres Lukes feet getting ready to launch across the place!!

3 comments:

ashley said...

we need to meet up there sometime soon! i will let you know when we go next- i just realized i have your number in my phone!

Valley Girl said...

I love disneyland... your kids look like they had a ton of fun!!!!
next time i make a trip we should go together.

Carrie Braunalicious said...

OMG Amy, your boys are the cutest. And the story about Luke is hilarious- I think all men are just boys trapped inside larger bodies.
I love reading your blog!!!