Friday, January 22, 2010

Todo?!? Dorothy?!

Um hi dont we live in Southern California?!?! Our problems are widfires and mudslides not winter flooding and tornadoes. Talk about a weird week. Tuesday we were hit with TORNADOES!!! Yes the kind that flood parks, pick up cars and BBQs, rip off roofs and send boats floating through the harbor with no drivers. And yes this all happened here in sunny So Cal. I was talking to my sister on the phone while i was in line to get Jack when her bf called to say there was a tornado warning, She clicked back over and we cracked up about it. Then a minute later my mom calls and is screaming at me to get out of my car and get inside a building!! Sure buddy, let me pull out my 3 kids who have no shoes on and leave my 5 year old outside with his teacher and class. Hello?!? This is orange county, not Kansas. By the time I got home I turned the news on and couldnt believe what was on. Breaking news on every channel, emergency alerts interrupting the news saying exactly what time the tornado would hit which area. ok weird. I had all the kids playing in the hallway so they were away from doors and windows. It was so weird. Tuesday was the only tornado day but we had some sweet storms the rest of the week. Friday I went to pick up Jack, no rain at the time but the teachers were shoving them in cars before it started. Well as I pull out it starts to drizzle. I drop off Cole, its sprinkling a bit harder. I pull up to the house and Im thinking "I can park out front rather than unloading them into the garage like I had been all week so they wouldnt get soaked". I take a uturn, park and it rains a tad harder. I tell the boys to run to the front porch and stand outta the rain. I crawl in the back seat to get the girls out and all the sudden it starts pouring!!! NOT just pouring but HAILING HARD!!!!! (yes thats a piece of hail on my front doormat in that picture haha) So for the next five minutes Im stuck in the backseat of my car with the two girls while my poor boys stand on the front porch. HAHA i open my door just long enough to yell "BOYS LOOK ITS SNOWING!!!" and I am getting pelted by hail!! I closed the door really fast. LOL Holy crap it was a sight. I got outta my car when the hail stopped and just made a mad dash. Ya i was soaked. Cant really tell by my pictures but for southern california, it was CRAZY!!!! I just took these standing at my front door. LOL Im sure all you people back east are cracking up laughing at us right now hahahah

No comments: