Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Extravaganza!!

You all know Easter for us is a busy holiday... but one of my faves. We started the day with our own Easter egg hunt but no baskets. I know Im awful arent I?? My kids totally thought so. However I thought this year rather than doing a bunch of crap in eggs and stupid toys I would rather spend the money on something big and useful. So the easter bunny got the boys a sand and water table for the patio. And they were excited however not excited about the fact there were no baskets with guys and candy like every other year. Terds. They did there egg hunt around the house and of course before I could even make breakfast they had broken into the candy. Today was gonna be a long dayyyyy......... Next stop, the Portas household! Every year we go to Lari's parents for an egg hunt with her family. Lari makes baskets (or lunchboxes like this year) for Jack, Wy and her two nephews Beckham and Owen. Then she stuffs eggs full of toys, bandaids, cars, candy, all the goods and writes their names on them for all the kids to find. The boys love it. They are always so nice to have us their with their family... and were lucky to get to spend easter with Ethan and Lari too! We had sangrias and tons of food while the kids all played with their new stuff. Then it was off to the next party!!!

Dottie and Baby Owen Brady BrosEthan, Luke and Seb helping the little boys find eggsLari and all her cute nephews!Jack and his bud BeckhamThe clonesWy and Auntie Lar!
Amy and Seb playing with the boys
Final stop... the Erwin house. Yet another egg hunt, more food, more candy, more wine, more fun. The whole fam dam was there. We went down to the bluff for awhile to fly kites which was hilarious. Luke couldnt get Wyatts to fly for the life of him which turned into him running down the street chasing it, jumping up and down tryint to get it outta a tree and jogging through the parking lot just trying to get it in the sky. I almost wet myself I was laughing so hard. Comedy. I also watched my sister in law Jenny sprint to get a kite, my newphew Hunter and my dad. Kite idea was the best thing ever, way to go ME!!! After kite flying we headed back to the house for another egg hunt=more candy. UGHHH! Then dinner and cake... worst idea, definetely not mine!! My kids teeth were gonna fall out! It was a good day but a long one at that. Gotta love Easter!! Ryan and Parker flyin kitesSophia playing with the boys!HAHA Luke trying to get the kite outta the treePapa and Parker manM and Bteresa and EricHunter and baby BThe boys and their Great GammyAll the kiddosGammy and the kiddies

1 comment:

Jenny said...

All I can say is thank God you did not get a picture of me chasing that kite! LOL! It was a good idea to get them though!