Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day!!


My mothers day kinda started saturday night... Luke went and got lobster tails and artichokes and made me an awesome dinner. We threw some mac and cheese at the kids (not literally) and put them to bed early. So we enjoyed our lobster in peace and quiet and were so full after we couldnt move from the couch. Next morning we woke up and headed to the gym early, free kids klub on mothers day!! Then grabbed some sushi for lunch, got home, changed and went to the pool. Jon and Jill and baby Sophia met us there too and we all just hung out poolside for a few hours. It was so nice out. The kids played in the baby pool forever with Sophia, which was nice for me cuz I layed my big butt on that chair for 3 hours :) Finally around 4 we packed up and headed down to my parents to meet the rest of the fam. We went easy this year and just made a bunch of appetizers, took them down to the park and lets the kids go crazy while we ate and drank ourselves silly and played bocce ball forever. It worked out nicely even though I lost to my MOM, (i let her win, it was mothers day :) Luke had disappeared at one point. He got back and told me he had gone to the store to get dip, and I got mad at him and was being a brat. Turns out he had went and bought me a huge bouquet of flowers. I had no idea til I got in the front seat to go home 2 hours later and they were sitting in the center console. I felt bad for being a butt :( I had kept telling him I didnt want anything, and not to spend the money on a mothers day present. Butttt He is a sneaky guy... and I love him for it! We tied in my moms birthday to mothers day since her bday was only a week and a half before that. So after cards and gifts we busted out the apple pies, ate some more and went home ready to hurl! It was a great mothers day weekend. With some good food more importantly! :) Happy Mothers day to all the mommys out there, and to all of our moms and grandmas... we love you guys!!

3 comments:

Ahna Childress said...

How come it doesnt show a dot on Australia, for your visitors?!? ha...
We are so stealing my friends key & meeting you guys at the water park when we get home!

The Trotter Family said...

Sounds like you got spoiled. Lucky girl! I can't believe that Luke cooked for you. I think I would have a coronary if Chad did that! I love that he was sneaky and got you flowers. So sweet!

ashley said...

i would totally call my luke a butt for going to to store like that too. so funny!