Saturday, May 2, 2009

Taste of The Dera

Every year Ladera puts on this big party at the park across the street from our house. Its called Taste of Ladera, Jack calls it Taste of The Dera. All the local restraunts, businesses and shops set up booths and feed and entertain you all day. They have big stage with live music all day. This year was Sugar Ray... ahhh yes my boyfriend Mark McGrath. And a couple of cover bands, one of which sucked, the others were great. Everyone met at our house and walked down there around 1230pm on saturday. We piled the kids in a wagon and mixed our own drinks that hid perfectly in our built in cooler in our good old radio flyer! We hit up the Riptide booth for some sushi for lunch where Jack demolished a california hand roll. Then while we were getting his brother a hot dog (as Jack is still finishing his sushi) he asks for a hot dog too. He downs that then asks for another, luckily Robert was standing in line so he grabbed another for Jack and Jack mowed that one too... ummmmm can we say growth spurt about to take place. Gees. We made our own little camp in the middle of the lawn and hung out there for hours. The kids all wrestled and played over at the fun zone. They had games, sno cones, face painting, rides, all the good stuff. And I had my babysitters Hunter and Ky to take them around. Finally Luke went back to the house to mix more drinks and came back wearing this....

I cant even believe Jake is stading next to him! ughhhhhhhh I hate when he does this! Sooo embarrassing. I mean REALLY!?!?!? Then he wonders why I want nothing to do with him the rest of the time we are there!!!! Hunter, Kylee and McKenna took my kids back up to the house around 6 while Luke and I stayed with everyone else for Sugar Ray. And somehow when everyone else was leaving I decided, along with Lala and two others that we were staying. We did some sake bombs, ate some more food and walked home around 830 or so. EVERYONE was at our house. Even people I didnt know!!! It cleared out pretty quick though after I got home. It was just us, my bro and Brandi and our neighbors left there. So we decided to play stick trick. Dumbest game EVER!!! You hold a bat up in the air and while staring at the top you turn in 10 circles. Then you try to set it on the floor and jump over it! YA RIGHT!!! The whole left side of my body is completely bruised from trying this over and over and over. We fell in bushes, hit our heads, threw bats. Luckily we did this on the front lawn! Needless to say, by 1030 pm I played the disapearring game and snuck off to my bed and passed out without anyone noticing!! Then we spent all sunday at the pool with Lala and Bmoe not moving!!

Jack, Maddie, Mase and Boston radio flyinMaddie Moo tryin to drink Mamas beerJack and Radyn wrestlingG, me, Jen, Julie and Kristyn. And Payton!Maddie praticing her strippingPayton, Jack and Boss manJon scared to death of Luke. Surprised he didnt fire him on monday lol :) jkMe and my mamas boy!Lala trying to get a piggy back rideSUGAR RAYYYY!!!Lin me and ToniLala G and meStick trickLuke in a bush.... ahhhhhhhhhhahaha

1 comment:

The Trotter Family said...

That outfit that Luke picked out makes me wonder if he started drinking BEFORE he got dressed! Seriously, where does he get this stuff? I bet the people at Goodwill know him by name now!