Sunday, August 9, 2009

Old Guys Rule

For my dads bday my mom wanted to get him a bike, like a beach cruiser bike, hes been wanting one BAD. To ride down to the beach (or bars, just saying), for the exercise and I guess just for the fun of it. Well Luke was all over this idea. He has lots of hook ups through the motorcycle industry and his brother works for a bike shop. So Luke did some research and got in contact with a rep of his and got this sweet 7 gear beach cruiser, like a $450 bike, for half price! My mom was pumped, all us siblings chipped in with my mom and got it for him. Luke was more excited than anyone. He picked it up from his brother, who put it together for us (thanks Ethan!!) and brought it to my moms. We were all there that night to celebrate mine, Ash and teresa's bdays so it was the perfect oppurtunity to give it to him! We told everyone that we wanted to take a family picture out front so we could get everyone out there and Luke wheeled it out from the neighbors yard. My dad got this huge grin and hopped on and rode around the street a few times. He was so excited. Luke showed him the cool fancy stuff on it and told him he was gonna get him a booby honker for it. Perfect for my dad. I then realized my dad was wearing this: His Old Guys Rule shirt. Then I was a little worried, we just bought this old man a BIKE?!?! What the hell were we thinkin?!?! Happy bday Daddy, we love you!!!

1 comment:

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

i loooove it! the last picture is classic!