Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Parkhill Xmas...

Sunday started off with a bunch of groggy kids and a very groggy mom. Luke left about 9am to go on a ride with Ethan so me and the kids spent the day relaxing as much as possible til I finally gave them an early nap. Wyatt even decided he was going to fall asleep in the middle of the floor watching a movie, on top of a few pillows. He had grabbed his mimi and collapsed. I went up and saw him and had to take a picture. I still had presents to wrap for that night, and laundry to do and I was trying really hard to get the house cleaned up before we came home xmas day with loads of new stuff. Needless to say, I was not a happy camper. When I was finally able to get ready all I wanted to do was go to bed. It had been a long last couple of days....

But 4pm rolled around and it was time for the next party. Our annnual Parkhill christmas. My moms side of the family (the Parkhill bunch) get together every year for a white elephant gift exchange and dinner. Always a good time. You know how i love to steal presents!! All the aunts and uncles and cousins, and of course Gammy are there. Delicious dinner and desserts (I feel like I have done nothing but eat for the last month, cant wait to start a diet after the new year HA!). My uncle put together a slideshow from when we all went to Palm Springs for my grandmas birthday so we all watched that. Then he presented her with an ealry xmas present... an ENORMOUS family picture that we took out there with a professional photographer. She was so happy. We hadnt done one of those in years. It was a fun time. Jackson and Wyatt were hyper up again for the third night in a row on sugar and sweets so Jackson literally talked the entire 40 minute drive home. I almost poked my eyeballs out. Haha talk about exhausting. A few pics to enjoy...
Wy and his cousin Parker...
Jackson and his Nana
Bill, Ashley and my cousins Scott and Riley
Parker and a cupcake face

1 comment:

The Trotter Family said...

Sounds like you could use a day to relax after all of that. Maybe a day at the spa? I don't think too many people would give you sympathy for having to go to one party after another! Seriously though, take a nap!