Friday, December 21, 2007

'Tis the Season!

I think I should rename my blog "Parties, etc..." Thats what my life feels like right now. We have been going non-stop lately. As usual I guess....


Tuesday I had my annual girls Xmas party, however the number has increased ALOT!!! Instead of just my close girlfriends from high school (there is 7 of us) we expanded this year and invited all the girls in our circle of friends (I think we invited like 35). I feel like this past year especially I have gotten extremely close to so many of them so I was really glad when we decided to do it this way. We just did appetizers and wine and we did a gift exchange that was really fun. We all drew our numbers and spent the night stealing gifts from each other. It was nice to hang out with all the girls for the night.

Wednesday, thanks to the rain, we didnt end up having a softball game. For the first time EVER i was really happy about this. I still dont feel great, and I knew this whole week was going to be hectic so it was nice to hang out at home and do nothing. We all had dinner, J's delicious chicken picata recipe, and afterwards we pulled out a gingerbread house kit. Ummm however this is after we put Wyatt to bed because i wasnt even about to attempt this project with him around! It was really fun (I think we enjoyed it more than Jackson did) and it turned out super cute. Excuse me and my really cute self in these pictures! haha
Luke found another fun project too. His plain white helmet he finally decked out with all these stickers one of his reps sent him. Well he deicded to do the boys bike helmets too! They turned out cool and now Luke isn't ashamed when Wyatt rolls down the street in Thomas the train haha. However Wyatts was supposed to be a xmas present. The next day when Wyatt was downstairs Luke gave it to him and he has been wearing it around the house since. Cant wrap it it now!Thursday... O what a day! I dropped Wyatt off at 8am at Dustin and Ambras and went to school with Jackson. They had their xmas party and pageant yesterday. I helped set up for their party, and passed out their gift exchange books. They got pizza for snack which they were all ecstatic about! It was so cute. Jack and Landon of course sat next to each other so I got some cute pictures of them! Then I helped all the little ones get dressed for their play. They all wore daddys white collared shirts (backwards) and we fancied them up with garland and they became little angels!! Luke met me at school right before the play began and we watched all these 3 and 4 year olds file in to the church, with their little hands in front of them. SOOOO CUTE! Jackson was right in front so I was able to video tape him through the whole thing (all 5 minutes of it). I think we maybe saw his lips move twice and he did the hand motions maybe four times. HAHA! Luke and were dying. It was so cute. They sang Rudolph, We wish you a merry xmas, away in a manger, and a few other favorites. They were very cute. Luke went into his class to get him after and Jack was very excited. Daddy never picks him up from school! And afterwards daddy and I took him to lunch, no brother or anything, just him, mommy and daddy. I think he really enjoyed it, he never gets to do things with just us two. So after lunch, I picked up Wyatt, ran home to get some stuff, and went to pick up Kylee from school. When my brother got home, I hurrried home, got the kids fed and hopped in the shower. I got ready in record time, and Luke and I were off to our next party. Our friend John's company xmas party that we end up invited to every year. He always invites his really close guy friends so its cool to go hang out, meet the coworkers, eat some good food, sit in the back and listen to Johns speeches haha. It was fun, but by 11pm i was ready to hit the sack. I was exhausted.

So today, I am spending the little time I have to clean and do laundry for the rest of the weekend so it cuts out some of the chaos this weekend! Tonight we are off to Jake Fitch's parents house to let the kids have their fun. Every year they do carriage rides and Santa at their house.... the kids love it. Ill take lots of pictures!!
Jackson's vocab for the week: Everything now is "Hmm, interesting!" and with hands in the air "Well, it has to be around here somewhere!" Hilarious...

Had to add my cute pictures of the week. Meet Wyatt, adorable right! Love him to pieces...
Well, Wyatt has been an absolute terd lately, and thats putting it lightly! IMAGINE THAT! Everything Jack has now he has to take from him, but Jack wont let go and neither will Wy so I literally have to pry Wyatt off of the object one finger at a time cuz he is so stinkin strong. Then he grunts at me and throws himself on the floor crying. RIDICULOUS! Then this is after a tantrum, I sat him on the couch, red puffy eyes, snotty nose and tears stremaing down his face, and within 3 minutes he passed out on the couch... AHHH silence!I walked up to the bonus room the other day cuz it was mighty quiet... and this is what I found! Wyatt asleep (basically in Jacks lap) and Jackson was petting his head. It was so adorable and it reminded me how cute brothers can actually be!

3 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Wow, Micah has been a turd lately too, so I sympathize with you. Those late pictures are so cute, that lets you know you are doing a good job as a mom when they are so sweet to each other (even if it doesn't happen as often as we would like).

Unknown said...

These are really cute pictures especially the Angel outfit on Jackson and the Big Brother picture. Takes great parents to raise kids like yours. Keep up the good work...

Anonymous said...

'Angel' Jack is darling...he has a constant winning smile! And Wyatt..YES - ADORABLE !
Love the Gingerbread House and the cute picture of Mommy and Jack together. Fun to have a girls night, Amy! The boys really are dear with each other. Precious, precious ! ENJOY each and every moment. Love you!