Thursday, October 21, 2010

I Can Breathe Again

Today was a BIG day. A day I had been anticipating for weeks. WYATTS 1ST PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCE!!! I know, sounds sooo ridiculous. But seriously, I never know what to expect from this child. I had no clue what I was going to get from his teacher. With Jackson, I always knew, from day one. I never had to worry about him. You hear me call him Mr Perfect (trust me, that child aint perfect) but he certainly tries to be. And pretty much thinks he is, and if he isnt being perfect, he knows right away and makes sure he admits it, apologizes for it, then fixes it. I know, talk about a complex right?!?! He just always TRYS to be the perfect child. Wyatt on the other hand- whether its at home, in public, with learning, ANYTHING, hes completely unpredictable. Wyatt missed his whole first year of preschool thanks to stupid Capo district waiting lists, and this kid wanted nothing to do with learning when it came from me. And he has a temper. He can be mean. He can be stubborn. He HATES to clean up. And sometimes the things that come out of this childs mouth gets him straight in his room. Ahhh a mothers nightmare when it comes to school. So I sit down and Miss Miriam pulls out his little paper and my hands are sweating and I just say "Ok, lay it on me...' She starts laughing and says "OMG I just love him! But he is nothing like his brother!" OH SHIT! HERE IT GOES!!!!! Worst possible thing she could have started with. And then goes on and on about how great Wyatt is. How all his class loves him and they think hes so funny. And he dances like a crazy person and it cracks her up. "Jackson was always so quiet and hated to sing and dance with us!" Ummm ok wait this is what you were talking about as far as how they are different?! This I can handle. Then gets into "school type stuff"... Basically hes doing great, there is nothing he is behind on, other than knowing how to use scissors lol (for good reason might I add, you think I ever gave this kid scissors?! YA RIGHT! ), he listens, tries hard, gets along with everyone, shares, raises his hand, hes polite, always first in line (thats outta pure competitiveness Im sure) and LOVES school. Ummm are we talking about the same kid?!?! I just kept asking "Ok so what do we need to work on? What about this? What about that? Do we hold him back a year cuz hes behind?" And all she kept saying was "If there is ever an area of concern Ill let you know, but he is doing great!!" HOLY CRAP! Is this really happening?! I can stop sweating?? Yes I can stop sweating. I was sooo proud of that little dude. He may be a terd for me most of the time, but apparentely Im doin something right despite my constant headache with this kid. THANK GOD! And thank you Wyatt for totally proving me wrong :)

1 comment:

The Trotter Family said...

Why would you think anything different? Wyatt is a great kid. You guys are good at both having fun with your kids, but also teaching them and giving hem rules. You guys are great parents, so of course he is going to be a great student!