Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mr Perfect

Jacks Back to School night was tonight. I still hadnt really met his teacher (I know, worst mom- but first grade is sooo different!). So I introduced myself and first thing she said (with her hand over her heart) was "OMG he is just the cutest stinkin boy EVER! Ah he is just so sweet I want to squueze him!" HA come see him at home lady! She went on and on about him, how he is so BOY and can rough and tumble at recess then turn that switch off and get to work in the classroom. About what an AWESOME reader he is, and Jackson always tells her "I love to read", how theres a difference between loving to read and being AWESOME at reading. I told her about being a perfectionist in Iversons class last yr and she said "Oh no its not a problem, he just take such pride in all his work! It is always so neat and he takes his time and does it right. He is always asking me how hes doing, I just love it!" Then she told me how she just thought Ms Iverson had the cutest boys in her class she had ever seen last year, so she made sure she got Jackson in her class this year! LOL Well glad his cute little smile can get him places ;) Needless to say, I was very proud of my little dude after talking to Ms Gray. I got home and said to jackson "I met your teacher tonight" "What did she say?" "I dont know what do u think she said?" "That my work was sloppy?" HA YA RIGHT!!!!! Relax Mr Perfect, youre still perfect :)

1 comment:

Caley said...

he would have fit in just fine with my first graders! Tell mr perfectionist that he is doing great! so proud of him-- btw I still have those worksheets I was going to give you! whoops! not that he will want MORE work to do, but if you are ever looking for EXTRAS let me know....I still have them somewhere!