Thursday, August 16, 2007

My little fish!

So Jackson had his last "official" swim lesson today! Aunt Lari has been teaching him to swim this summer and he went from a crying, blubbering mess to a little fish.... He HATED going to swim lessons in the beginning, he would cry and make excuses for not going in the water (One time he actually told me he had to go potty first, keep in mind we had just gone to the bathroom, he sat on the toilet for like three minutes and NOTHING! I made him get down finally and go swim... EXCUSES!!!) Lari was afraid he was going to hate her guts after all of it! But now he LOVES it. He blows bubbles, scoop and reaches (for ice cream they say), kicks, floats and will even go under without crying now! Lari is done with lessons for the summer but wants to keep going with Jack cuz he is doing so well! Thank goodness for Lari! He got special toys when he was done today too that he still hasn't put down! Last nite I took Jack with me to the Chicks tent sale to see if i could find him some school clothes and shoes... (not much for toddlers, i found him 3 Volcom shirts for a good deal but thats about it...) well we were inside and i was at the cash register paying, talking to a girl i knew way back when, who was working there and Jackson is standing next to a ping pong table and says to me "Hey mom look at the cool BEER PONG table. " Her and both the people next to me were cracking up. My 3 yr old calls it a beer pong table! I guess ours is only used for one thing hahah so embarrassing!


Wyatt stuck to the bathtub today (after another cool down popsicle!)... I have a feeling he wont be anything like Jack when he starts swim lessons, this kid is fearless. I cant take him out of his bath seat cuz i have a feeling he will be trying to swim himself. Scares the hell outta me!!! So for now he thinks its funny to just splash every bit of water out of the bathtub. Takes me longer to clean up then to actually bathe him...



Luke is excited cuz he gets to use his new BBQ tonight. We got a new one two weekends ago and we have been so busy we havent even cooked at home lately. We kept meaning to get the propane filled so we could use it and we haven't. So we decided tonite was perfect. I think we will throw some fish and chicken and some veggies on there and enjoy the nice weather, what i really mean is have a margarita, jump on the trampoline with the kids and watch the angel game on the patio (since by 6 it isnt nearly as hot as it is right now-90 degrees UGH!) However, we went for a walk last nite at 730 and we were still sweating! I think the sun forgot this was southern california....

No comments: