Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Funday....

....or not. Our three bday party weekend turned upside down pretty fast on sunday afternoon. Luke had left early to go to the Ranch Sports Bar with the guys to watch football. At 1230pm the boys and I headed to the pool for McKennas bday party. From there we were supposed to go to Blakes 7th bday up the street, HOWEVER Wyatt had another plan in mind. About 20 minutes in to the party I hear McKenna yelling my name and she says "wyatts bleeding!" I look over and see Jake pulling Wyatt out of the pool then I see my favorite sight- blood pouring out of his face and running down his belly! Ok well do we recall how I reacted when Jackson busted his lip at a party a few summers ago- ya my wimpy butt almost passed out!! Someone else had to drive my kid to the ER. PATHETIC. So we sit him down and Jenny throws a towel on his chin and everyone just says "Just take him to urgent care!" So I ask Robert to call Luke and tell him Im coming to get him to go with me. Then someone says "Well why dont you look at it before you take him!" Then about 7 of my friends yell "UMMMM DONT HAVE AMY LOOK AT IT!!" Ya they know me too well. I shut my eyes and Jen, Jake and Kristyn all look and say "Um ya just go to the ER." So I scoop up my bloody boy, tell my friends to watch Jackson and make sure he doesnt crack anything open and I follow Robert out, who says "Lets just take my truck," so we pick up Luke who is DRUNK to say the least! Robert and I just start laughing, like why the heck did we pick him up?! I would have been just fine taking Robert with me haha So we get to the ER and at that point it was done bleeding. And I actually saw a peek when the dr went to look at it. I turned away right after I saw the nasty crap hanging out. Yuck. Wyatt was so good. He only cried when they were numbing it, I would too though if I had four people who werent my parents holding me down! The dr worked his magic and both nurses kept saying "he is so calm, we never get little ones like this!!" Soooo... the doc was finally done and this is what we got-

5 STITCHES TO THE CHIN!!!!

He was so brave. I couldnt believe it. He laid so still and really never made a peep except during the numbing part (which is when I cringed and almost had to leave the room). So we are heading out and getting into the car and Robert says "oh ya I could totally see like the yellow fat part hanging out!" At that point all i could say was "Thank you for not saying that until now!" LOL We drive back to the pool and Wyatt passes out in Bostons car seat. Long couple hours for him I guess. When we get to the pool Wyatt insisted he take off his bandaid. He wouldnt let anyone see his chin with the bandaid on, and of course everyone was flocking to him to make sure he was ok and check out his battle wound. Finally after arguing with him for twenty minutes I took it off and he showed off his super cool stitches, which Boston called "spikes in his chin"!! Then my friends all continued to tell me when they went to look at it all they saw was the yellow fatty tissue on both sides and thats when they all said "Ummm, ER!" I had to repeatedly thank them for not saying anything til after the fact so i didnt have another pass out incident! LOL its seriously so sad. And of course, we went to the next bday shortly after... AYE YAE YAE.... So much for a relaxing sunday afternoon huh?! A day in the life......

OH and Happy Birthday McKenna!! Sorry for all the chaos!! XOXOXO

No comments: