Monday, May 5, 2008

BIG Weekend!

We had another busy weekend! Weird huh.. but it was fun. And eventful! After the morning full of tball we went home to put cranky Wyatt down for a nap then we were off to the Taste of Ladera that was right down the street from our house. Of course "TASTE" of Ladera meant lots of food, good food. And with my empty stomach Im totally regretting going to that thing. O wait let me back up.... did I mention Luke quit our detox diet????? Yes I think i forgot to share... he is a QUITTER!! Friday he got home from work and said he was miserable and didnt know how I felt totally fine. So I kept telling him to have some chicken soup or a salad then see how he felt... well the soup turned into goldfish which turned into a salad which turned into grocery shopping at Target, ALL within a 4 hour time span!!! By Saturday morning he was eating normal again. JERK! But if you feel miserable you feel miserable so I cant really get too mad at him for quitting and leaving me to do this on my own! So ANYWAYS........ Taste of Ladera was cool, bounce houses and face paintings, tons of local restaraunts and bars and shops, selling their best drinks and food... bands playing, Berlin played at the end of the night too! They even had a sake bomb station which was absolutely hilarious and kept sucking Luke in. A ton of our friends met us down there, and we ran into many more. All the "Desperate Housewives of Orange County" were there struttin their drunk selves across the lawn. LOL So i kept watching all this sushi and BBQ walk by, Well i couldnt touch all this delicious food or drinks. And after 5 hours of pure torture I was cranky and had no patience for the kids so I finally walked home with the kids by myself leaving Luke to drink and watch Berlin play with our friends. The kids and I passed out watching Shrek 3 in my bed.
Maddie came out to play with us... Wyatt LOVES her. He just kept wanting to stare at her.
However he also LOVED this little girl sitting next to us... she was adorable. He flirted like crazy then finally made his way into their tent and played with them most the time we were there!Mommy and my big man...Daddy and JackPassed out in mommy and daddys bed!Sunday I ran a few errands in the morning and we were planning on going to the beach. However it ended up being 68 degrees outside and cloudy booooooo! We headed to San Clemente to take our car in to get the new trailor hitch wired so we can tow our boat next week (only 9 more days til the river woooohooooo!). Well that morning I had decided that I needed a cheat day after going through the taste of Ladera torture. We were heading to my parents later where I had put together a Mexican Fiesta dinner for my moms bday. ummmmmm Chips and guacomole, only my biggest nemesis EVERRRRR!!!! So I had a half a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast then we went to some little place for lunch by the car place and I had a salad. Then I knew i was warmed up for dinner!!! Anywho... after getting the car done I had a big decision weighing on my shoulders..... I was thinking I was going to go home and cut Wyatts hair!!!!! And guess what?!?!?! I DID ITTTTT!!!!! Are you so proud of me... cuz I honestly wasnt sure if I could do it. However the poor kid looked AWFUL! His hair was so gross I just couldnt handle it anymore. So we put him outside in his seat with a lollipop and took a number 8 to him. He SCREAMED the entire time. It took me forever because he kept dodging the clippers! When I was done and he finally had stopped crying I brought him into the bathroom to see is hair, or lack there of, where the poor kid took one look in the mirror and screeched with terror like he was deathly afraid of the stranger staring him in the face. LOL it was too funny! I like it though, it turned out cute. And I cant believe how blonde he is!!! I actually have a blonde kid!!
BEFORE.....

Dodging me and the clippers.....After... with a very unhappy face!After a bath..... much happier with his new do!After the traumatic hair cut we headed to my parents for my moms bday. Same old same old fun with everyone. LOTS of margaritas, my mouth was watering. It was awful. The kids were a crack up. Sophia will be one this week and is a ball full of energy. She is seriously the funniest kid ever. She just walks around like she owns the place and everyone in it. Smiling and yelling and kicking the BOYS off all the toys. And suprisingly Wyatt just stands there and watches her, like "Who is this chick and why is she so noisey and bossy, thats my job!!" Shes just crazy. And Parker is getting so big... its so fun to hear him talk now and hes starting to walk too!! He was doing so good last night. That little man has come such a long way... I love seeing him doing so well. He will be keeping up with those rowdy cousins of his in no time.
Parker man
This was hilarious... Parker was pushing this little car and halfway around the house Sophia decided to sit down on it so she could be pushed. So ever so graciously Parker pushed this big girl (who outweighs both Parker and Wyatt!) around the entire house. Such a ham!!! So a new week... Im doing AWESOME with my ebay sells. And I think Lukes starting to get scared of my addiction lol However he is now making me start a career selling Wyatts Mimis on ebay... they sell for like 20-30 bucks on ebay and you can buy them at JCPenney for $10. He is convinced I need to go to JCPenney today and buy 20 blankets lol. Who knows, maybe hes right?!?!! :) I guess only time shall tell....So thats our weekend in a nutshell... fun huh! Ill let ya know how the remainder of my diet week goes. I think I can stick to it for these last four days. Cross your fingers!!

4 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

He is cute with or without hair. He looks so much more like Jack now too!

ashley said...

i think i dig the cut!

how much longer do you have to torture yourself???? i would have given in to the power of chips and guac.

Brooke and Aaron said...

I kind of miss Wyatt's long hair, but his new "do" makes him look like a little boy now instead of a baby. He's so cute! I think you did a great job on the haircut! That must have been hard with him squirming so much. Props to you on the detox. That's amazing. I have yet to go on a strict diet like that.

Caley said...

I love the hair too! He looks so "OLD" now, but he's one cool dude!