Monday, November 26, 2007

Turkey Day

I love Thanksgiving. I am still eating leftovers and it is the greatest. I will probably be 50lbs heavier by the time Im done but o well. We had a good one. Luke got up and went for a ride with his brother down in the canyon. He said they went down where the fires were and it was crazy to see all the burn areas.. most of them coming right up to peoples front doors but their houses were still standing. Shows how amazing those firefighters are! They were gone for a few hours and got home just in time to get ready and go. We went to my parents house, like always, and had all the traditional treats.... My mom and aunt cooked. My dad did the turkey (and him and I ate half of it during that time!) My favorite stuffing! Green bean casserole, and a new favorite of mine, creamed corn. DELICIOUS! Its seriously my favorite holiday. It was weird this year though... my two oldest brothers weren't there. And my youngest one went to his wifes familys first so he didnt even eat with us. It was way mellow and quiet but still great! My aunt and uncle and cousins were there, and Gammy of course. And my sisters ( I dont know if I am allowed to call him boyfriend yet) "friend" Bill was there, who Jackson just adores! All night long it was "Bill watch! Wheres Bill? Cmon Bill!" He is a cool guy and thinks Jackson and Wyatt are the coolest kids ever. Jack had a lot of fun with him. Im glad too cuz I think he missed all of his cousins (good thing Prker finally showed up!). Jack insisted on bringing his razor to Nana and Papas so he rode that in the backyard most of the night, doing his tricks. His newest one is the Flamingo... its hilarious. That kid just cracks me up! I drank red wine with dinner!!! (Sorry sidenote) I NEVER drink red wine, EVER! My brother Marc is a wine distributor too and evey time we are there I NEVER have any. But my dad pulled it out with dinner and I said sure why not. I actually really enjoyed it. Not as good as white but I still liked it. Marc will be proud! Anyways we had a great time, spent with family (even those that were missing were still thought of) and now I guess its time to get ready for xmas!!!!

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Another wonderful thanksgiving. The boys kept the "adults" entertained, even when we were groggy from too much food and drink. I was just telling my co-workers about finding Michael in the kitchen with Jack, teaching him how to squirt redi-whip on his finger and lick it off; priceless!

Anonymous said...

I am glad we were able to come- even if only for dessert and to spend some time. Love the pics of all three of the cousins and the one of Jack kissing Parker- so cute! --Jenny

lauren said...

oh my gosh... your parents look exactley the same as... um 5th grade? do they still live in dove? we TOTALLY need to get together over chrisrmas time when ashley is here, she'll be in town a while, so i'll be in rsm some. your turkey days sounded fun and i didn't realize you had so mant siblings?

The Trotter Family said...

Oh, those boys are so cute! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I am jealous you didn't have to travel far. By the way, how the heck do you change your comment link to say something else?

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a very nice Thanksgiving. You guys were missed. Thanks for 'explaining' the cows jumping over the moon link. It will help those of us that are challenged.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a very nice Thanksgiving with your family even if they weren't all there in body. You were with us in spirit and we gave thanks for having you and two wonderful grandsons. Enjoy the left overs we didn't have any...