Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ashley's Baby Shower

Its finally over! I feel like we have been preparing for months! Sunday we threw Ashleys baby shower at my moms house. Everything went great, I had tons of help considering there were 7 of us throwing it. Broke up the $$$ quite nicely by the way! There were probably about 50 people there, which was a little overwhelimng for Ash at one point (I had enough drinks in me by then that it was no skin off my back haha)... Brandi and Ky came over about 930am and dropped marc so he could go with Luke and Gary to play golf. Then Brandi and I made sandwiches and by 11am when Laura came to watch the boys (thank you Laura I owe YA!) we were out the door on our way to set up. We spent the next 2 and a half hours hanging onezies, setting out food, batlling flying tablecloths in the wind (YUCK!) and drinking Coors Light. Everyone complimented me left and right on the shower and how great a job we did.... that was nice to hear after all the work! Ash got everything she needed... I went there yesterday and spent 3 and a half hours seperating and sorting and putting things away for her. They made out quite nicely! So thank you everyone who attended for spoiling my new nephew, and of course Ashley! And thank you everyone else who helped to make it so great for them!! Now we wait for Mr Brayden Lee to make his appearance!!
My game table... Kylee was in charge of making sure evreyone did their stuff and did it right! she was a mini nazi, just like her auntie Amy!
Clothespin game which took me for freakin ever!Everyone decorated onezies... turned out way cute!Nothin like the food table!!Jens diaper cakes which we used for center pieces!Brandi and KyJen and her mom Dana who were a HUGE help!My trouble maker friends who of course made the "dirty" onezies!Wine thirty in Dove Compton crew! (Minus Shirnee)My favorite pic for braydens room... I wanna go get one for the boys!!All the cute artwork done! Well some of itAsh and erics sister LeeAnn, also a HUGE help!Ash with Aunt barbara and gammy!Kylee took all the clothespins after everyone left and made herself look like pocohontas! hahaha

6 comments:

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

everything looked perfect! and ash looks sooooo cute! i am so bummed that i missed it! (gonna lay some guilt here) THANKS FOR NOT SENDING ME AN INVITE!

i see how it is!

give ashley and braden a big hug for me and be sure to put my name down for a birth announcement!

The Bradys said...

KRYSTAL!!!!!! actualllllly i did send u an invite... however yesterday when i got my mail it was in there... my dumbass didnt put the right address on there. i text u yesterday... did u get it??

Anonymous said...

Amy the shower looked awesome! I loved the onsies and Ky looked so cute in the clothes pins. Ashley looks beautiful! Miss you , thanks for sharing the pictures. Love Sue (Grandma)

ashley said...

you guys really throw a shower! that looks like it was a ton of fun.

love the onesie that says my mom is a milf. perfect.

Anonymous said...

In all my years (won't say how many - but you know !) of attending Baby Showers, this was THE BEST EVER ! All was beautiful, delicious and FUN ! What an array of gifts ! Brayden will be well supplied. Love the picture of my Baby Bassinette...can't believe all the babies that have lounged in there since I was born. Ahhh...nostalgic memories.

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

ok, ok, ok! i suppose you are off the hook! the pony express takes forever and well...the wrong address though is totally your fault!

as for the text, i din't get that either! maybe you are making all this up!! j/k

i will send you my address via myspace or something!