Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday Funday!

I woke up Sunday with a horrible shoulder pain, felt like i had a pinched nerve or something. Which for the last 4 hours I was in bed, allowed me to sleep for maybe a half hour. Not to mention Luke called me a million times throughout the night finally ending at 430am. (He kept wining when he got home about how tired he was... I think I got less sleep then he did just cuz of his late night drunken dials from vegas!) I was supposed to be at a baby shower at noon. However I still needed to go get a gift, drop off Kylee and get the boys to Erins house by 1145am in order to get there on time, considering I had to leave by about 1pm to get the boys and head to Landons birthday party. Then get home, pick up Luke, make an appetizer and head to a going away party at 5pm. O and keep in mind we had daylight savings happen that day! So i lost an hour as it was. I was exhausted, in pain, and was so not looking forward to rushing around town trying to get everywhere on time. So I called Allison and told her I was so sorry but I wasnt going to make her shower, lucky for me she totally understood! I felt awful but I really didnt think I was going to survive that day. I swear every time Luke is gone we have these crazy insane weekends, but the weekend I was gone he had ZERO to do! So not fair.

Anyways, first stop was Landons birthday party at Cal Elite, a gymnastics place for kids. The kids LOVED it. I was bummed we couldnt go out and take pictures of them ,we had to stay behind the mats, but the boys spent most their time in the foam pit with most of Jacksons classmates. They had a blast. Me, however, seriously thought after a half hour I was going to pass out, my eyes were ready to close and I had the hugest headache from my stupid shoulder. As soon as Landon was done with cake we took off... Luke had just gotten there, I put the kids to bed and crawled into bed myself for an hour or so of shut eye. I needed it bad.
At 515pm Jack wanders in and wakes me up. All four of us were sleeping. I hadnt even cooked yet! I rushed to Pavillions and bought a dessert and appetizer then got to Toni and Jeffs only a half hour late! Toni and Jeff are our old next door neighbors, and they have a German Au Pair, Lena. Unfortunately she goes back to Germany this saturday so they threw her a going away party. A few neighbors, family, and some close friends. They made a bunch of food so we pigged out and drank margaritas all night which made me forget I was even in pain, or at least numbed it :) WHATEVER! The kids were just excited to play with Brenden and Tyler. Even though we said we were leaving by 8pm to go home and go to bed, we stayed til 1030pm. We had alot of fun, and its pretty safe to say were really going to miss Lena. She has been such a help to us, and we have gotten pretty close with her too. Shes a really cool girl... we are hoping one day she'll come back to California, may take some convincing though!!
Jack, Brenden and his cousin Thalia
Lena being scared of Luke... dont blame her!
PIGGY
Lena and Jack :(
Me and LenaHer and her host dad, scary thought I know :)Jeff beating up Jack
No one will miss her as much as Toni
Lazy boys Lena, Luke and our crazy neighbors :)

1 comment:

The Trotter Family said...

Toni and Lena look like they could be mother and daughter. man, I wish I could afford an au pair! How nice would that be?