Saturday, October 13, 2007

Garage Sale=Success!!

Finally its over... longest week of my life! Luke stayed home from work wednesday thursday and friday, sick as a dog. Dr said it was still a sinus infection (way better than the flu in my opinion!) and gave him YET another antibiotic. Friday he was feeling alot better and thank god because there was absolutely positively NO WAY I was going to get anything done without him. Not only was I doing a garage sale on saturday but there were three people coming to see the house today in the midst of all this. So on top of emptying my house I had to fully clean it too! UGHHH! So yesterday i finally put Luke to work. Cleaned up the backyard, filled holes in the backyard, cleaned up toys and sandboxes to get ready to sell, clean the house, move furniture to the garage, etc etc etc. We worked alllll day long. But while we were in the garage yesterday afternoon cleaning Luke finally hocked up the foreign object that I am POSITIVE was giving him the sinus infection. I swear it was part of his brain, I almost threw up especially since he kept making me look at it, at one point he even told me to feel it cuz it felt like the cartilage on a chicken bone. SOOOOO GROSSS! But he was so happy! He could breathe again and his throat didnt hurt, he said he had felt that there for 3 days! Ok Im getting neaseous just thinking about it. Sorry, had to tell that story haha! So anyways, he feels much better now! Not 100%, but MUCH better.

So I have been sleeping on the couch the last three nights because the last thing I want to do is sleep in my sauna of a room with the humidifier going and snot nose snoring his mucasy lungs out in my ear. Well about 2am I woke up and looked outside, it had rained! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!! I almost cried myself back to sleep. When I woke up again at 615 it was soaked outside. I called my friend Jen who was coming over to sell stuff with me and she said we can sit in the garage and see if it drys up, or if it starts again. Of course as soon as I hang up with her it POURS! I made Luke get up, put the signs out and made my pot of coffee to sit outside with. Jen Luke and I sat in the garage for maybe 10 minutes ready to close the garage and try again next weekend. THEN all the sudden people started filing into my garage. WHATTTTT???!!!!! I was sooo happy. All my hard work wasnt for nothing. At about 830 we were able to start putting things outside and people just kept coming. I did sooo good. And I sold all the big stuff, number one priority. Yayyyy!

Jen brought over her boys to play with mine and they reaked havoc for 5 hours in the front yard. Jackson caught a lizard, YES caught it! Of course he named it Dega. Him and Wyatt would pick it up and pretty much squish the thing. Poor little guy. I think finally at one point it was frozen in fear. Wish I could have gotten a picture of them squishing Dega before my camera died!Boston is picking at Dega in the bucket in this picture. Jack was trying to be the "big brother" with his arms around both the babies. Why cant he always be this nice?!
So now its time to relax. FINALLY! We are all about to hit the hay, 830 on a Saturday night. We are getting old! However I think the kids are on sugar highs right now so who knows when we will actually get there. Cant wait for my couch to put me to sleep :( I want my bed back!

2 comments:

ashley said...

so why didn't you take a picture of the object that luke hawked up??? so, so nasty.
way to go with the garage sale, that is the best feeling to get rid of stuff, and even better if you are gettin some money back for it.
i love that the boys were catching lizards, we introduced velz to some gecko's last night and i think we scared her... she better not be a girlie girl.

The Trotter Family said...

I totally wanted to gag reading about the thing Luke hacked up! So gross! I bet he feels better, that must have been terrible caught inside. Yuck!