Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Sorry So Long...

... Its been a long couple of weeks. But happy to say we are officially moved. As of Saturday our new address is
5 Bluewing
Ladera Ranch, Ca 92694
Thursday Grandma and Grandpa got here and we went to dinner. The boys, especially Jack, were so happy to see them. After dinner we went to Johns to set up for the party. We carved pumpkins and hung spider webs, all the fun stuff. Friday was kind of a crazy day. I ran around trying to last minute costume shop finally ending up with an Eskimo. It was simple but cute. the boys and I ate lunch, grocery shopped and ran home so i could shower and get ready for the wedding. Luke got home late so we thought for sure we would be late for the wedding. HIs parents stayed with the kids, which made jackson VERY happy. And they played forever! We finally got there at 415, it was supposed to start at 4pm. Luckily they were all running late. The ceremony started about 515 so we were way safe. Justin Blum, the groom, and I grew up together and I have known him forever. It was beautiful. Even the bridesmaids dresses were gorgeous. It was at sunset, overlooking a lake at Tustin Ranch Golf Club. Their little boy Gavin was a ring bearer and they pulled him up the aisle in a wagon, soooo cute! When we finally sat down inside I stole Gavin and hogged him for awhile. He is adorable. Unfortunately because we had to be at this party we had to leave early. I was soo bummed becuase I was really looking forward do spending the whole night there. But we were off to the next one, in a speedy rushed fashioned. By the time we got home 4 of our friends were there, totally ready, waiting for us. So we got ready in about 10 minutes and ran out the door.

Party was awesome as usual. Everyones costumes were great. My personal favorite was probably Sigfried and Roy (Jake Fitch and Jason Hibbard). They even used accents all night, painted themselves a bronze color and walked around with stuffed tigers. Sooo funny. Luke, Dustin and Jeff went as a roller derby team, named Beaver Fever. They put names on the back of their jerseys, BUSH, MUFF and FUR. Haha They all fell at least once that night, I warned them!! John said we raised $23k though so it was overall a VERY good night.

The next morning, after we got home at 3am, Lukes boss/friend John was knocking at our door at 9am. He was there to help move. So I answered the door, and he looked at me and said "What are you wearing?" I had fallen asleep in my costume!!! hahaha He went in and jumped on the bed to wake Luke up. After they both had a beer it was moving we went. O my gosh we had so much crap. John was a saint. He helped all day. Lukes parents showed up shortly after and also went full speed helping, along with my mom. My sister and her friend came and picked up the boys and took them to lunch at the spectrum so they were outta our hair for awhile. THANK YOU ASH!!! Finally about 7pm we stopped and went to eat dinner. We were all EXHAUSTED.

The next morning Luke met his dad and brother at the house to finish up and I decided the boys and I needed a break and we went to Taylor and Masons birthday party. It was a costume party so the boys got to dress up. You will die when you see Wyatt. They painted crafts and had pizza and of course played for 3 hours. Little Taylor was so cute, she just got glassesto correct a lazy eye and she looked soo cute in them. Not many kids can pull them off but she did! Finally after several attempts made by Wyatt to jump in the pool, itwas time to head out. We went home and I put the kids down for napsand I finally got some stuff done. Organized, put things away, cleaned. Ewww. I hate moving. Again around 7pm we all stopped and went to Claim Jumper for dinner. That hit the spot after the long day.

Yesterday Luke went back to work, a smoke free office finally. I picked up Lukes mom, Sue and Hunter and Ky & we all went to Target to get some much needed essentials. Lukes mom was awesome helping me with everything. I got so much donw yesterday with ehr being there. And Kylee actually. Even she was a HUGE help. Lukes dad Gene and Ethan painted the old house for us, I was so relieved. They all have been absolutely awesome helping and they will never know how much we appreciated it! THANK YOU ALL OF YOU!!! Finally last night we went to Lucilles for dinner (delicious) and then took the kids to the pumpkin patch with Grandma and Grandpa and Ethan and Lari. Grandpa took plenty of video and pictures of the kids running around like crazy men! It was fun. Unfortunately they left this morning so we had to say our goodbyes last night. I love when they come down. Its so fun now that the boys are old enough to enjoy their company and they just aboslutely ADORE them. And I really cant thank them enough for all they did/do for us. We love you guys!! Cant wait til they come back at Christmas time. (The time in between trips keeps getting shorter and shorter, which means its getting harder and harder to stay away, cross your fingers that it means they are moving back to Cali soon!)

We still dont have our computer up and running (I am at Erins watching Bailey so I snuck onto hers!) so I think Im going to save this draft for a little bit til I can get some pics going for you! We have LOTS!!! Anyways, long week, crazy month so sorry we are so behind! It will be back to normal soon I promise!

4 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Dang, you have been busy! By the way, I don't know how you stay so skinny with as often as you go out to eat. Can't wait to see the new pictures. Hope you like Ladera. I know the boys will enjoy all the parks and pools!

lauren said...

WOOOOOW! sometimes just reading your posts makes me tierd! sounds fun though... justin blum got married? to who? he has a kid? wow im so out of the loop? remember when we would all hang out in like 5th grade? the dove crew... good times. post some pics...

The Trotter Family said...

OK, I just tagged you on my blog. I know you are busy, but hopefully you will have some time to let us know what your quirks are!

ashley said...

i seriously get tired just reading about your life.
yeah, post some pics of justin's wedding if ya got em.
ha, i just tagged you on my blog too, post when you can, and totally combine it with rachel's.
hope you guys get settled in quick! we will have to come see your place this christmas!