Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Schools Out for.... Fire!

Like this week couldnt get any crazier? These fires have been absoultely NUTS!! Of course we have the one closest to us in Foothill Ranch which is filling the sky and air with smoke and dust and haze, not to mention the HEAT! Sunday we went to dinner at my brothers house in RSM, but he is right on the border of RSM and Portola HIlls/Foothill Ranch so of course on our way there is right when the fire broke out and it was so smokey and gross. We watched it on TV all night and when we left there we were watching flames as we hopped on the toll road in the opposite direction. Monday morning Luke went to work, only to be evacuated at 930am. The fire backed right up to the office buildings he is in. Lucky for me he came home and helped me pack and clean while we watched all the crazy wildfires torching Southern California. Lukes brother Ethan and his girlfriend just moved a few weeks ago to Foothill Ranch and around 2pm yesterday they packed up their cars and called us to make sure they could come over when they had to leave. About 430pm they called again and the flames were creeping towards their house and they were watching them through the kitchen window. Luckily it turned and they werent evacuated, so we're hoping they turn out ok. My brother Ryan who lives in Temecula was up this way for my nephews dr appt and wasnt sure they were going to make it home. Luckily he is a cop and knows every back way around those parts and made it home taking super secret roads as he called them. He got called into work this morning at 5am because of how crazy things are in San Diego County. This morning Luke got into his office but most the office is empty considering about 6 of their employees live in SD County and were evacuating this morning. I called my brother Marc this morning to see if Kylee had school (her school backs up to the hills where the fire is currently burning) but they did go to school this morning. However I went to drop Jack off at school today and they have closed his school which also backs up to the crazy hills back there! He was heartbroken. It is now creeping its way through the canyons back there slowly towards my brothers house but were hoping it doesnt get that far and just goes to the hills instead of houses. Its just absolutely nuts. It seems like they are coming up EVERYWHERE and its sooo creepy. My heart goes out to all these people evacuated, the ones who have lost their homes, the ones who have lost their family members and the ones who are standing around wondering if its coming towards them next and especially to all the firefighters and police officers doing their best to protect Southern California... Its scary and I hope its over soon. Were staying inside and the boys are therefore driving me nuts, they have managed to absolutely trash Jacksons room in the last two hours.... but I guess its better than interrupting my packing (and news watching).... Keep SoCal in your thoughts!!

1 comment:

The Trotter Family said...

It is so crazy out there. It is like orange. I think Micah and I will end up staying inside today. Hope everyone is safe from the fire!