Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Real First Day!!

I HAVE A KINDERGARDNER!!!! This is insane. I have a kid in elementary school. Its bizarre to me. Today is his first real day. Full day, well sort of. Wednesdays are late start days at his school. His usual 930-1pm schedule changes to 1030-130pm. Every wednesday. But anyways, he was super excited to go to school. He even got himself dressed and buttoned his own shirt without me even asking. He kept wanting to leave before it was even time. Then we had to have the 1st day of school photo shoot! hE was so handsome with his new kicks and cool backpack! We finally left and as we started walking we ran into Cole. His parents Steve and Jen we have known for a long time, I used to babysit his older brothers before he and Jack were born. Well Jen and the boys moved down the street from us over the summer, which has been working out nicely. They are also on the same football team this year so these two have become buddies the last few months. So Jack was super excited when we got to walk to school with Cole.

OH and Wy had to wear his backpack down also which was pretty funny. We get to his classroom and we have to sit out on the wall and wait for Miss Iverson to open the door. Jack started whining. I asked what his deal was... he replies "Moooom, when is she going to open the door, I wanna go in!!!" Phew I thought he was about to have a meltdown!!! She finally opens the door and he giggles, gets up, gives me a kiss and says "bye mom!" Total natural. I was like, "ummm ok, guess Ill see ya later!" Wyatt on the other hand bawled the entire way home cuz he wanted to go to school with Jackson. I almost killed him. My day went by pretty fast. When 130pm came around we headed back down to school, I love that we can walk everyday by the way. Jack got out and had a huge smile on his face. Buuutttt, the other teacher told me he was a bit sad at recess cuz he wanted to go home! WHAT?!?!? My kid? So strange. Then he continued to be a poo the whole way home, it was hot and he was tired, and he complained the whole way. Then we had Wyatt the slow poke who stopped and picked every branch, flower and leaf from school to our house. Grrrrrr.... this walking idea could end up being quite the trip everyday!! But soooo worth the 3 and a half hours of quiet time.... thank god for school!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing his first day... Too cool.

Anonymous said...

Wow! First day of school--where did summer go? The guys look so handsome with their backpacks. It's great you can all walk to school together. Hope Jackson has a great year! Hugs and kisses to you all. Amy, Thanks for taking the time out of your busy day amd sharing the big news. Love, Sue, Ma, Grandma