Monday, January 21, 2008

Jacks 1st Sleepover!

Saturday morning, despite being hungover, I picked the kids up at 830am and came home to sit my butt on the couch for a little bit. Luke left at 1130 to go to Supercross with a bunch of work people. By the way, it was 80's night there so of course, Luke being Luke, put on the most hitious retro 80s outfit he had to wear for the occassion. So glad I wasnt going with him. Poor John had to be so embarrassed. At 1130 the rest of us went next door for Brendens 3rd birthday party. It was a hockey party so Jackson was totally into it. They played hockey, rode bikes, ate pizza, had cake, opened presents. And did I mention my kids were the CRANKIEST EVER!!! O my gosh. As soon as Brenden was done opening presents we were out the door to go take naps. They were awful!! I was so happy to finally get them to sleep.

Finally about 6pm, Jen and Robert dropped Radyn off at our house so the boys could have their first "real" sleepover. Jack has stayed over there before for weekends when Luke and I have been outta town but they had never had a real big boy sleepover. Jen at first didnt know if Radyn would be ok with the fact he was actually sleeping at our house. Boy was she wrong. He was ecstatic! He wanted to bring his tent and sleeping bag too. He got here and I ordered some pick up stix for dinner. The two of them wanted nothing to do with eating so I finally made them eat at least a little bit before they ran back upstairs to play again. Sidenote... funny story. Radyn had to go potty so Jack wanted to go too, so they are both standing there peeing in the toilet and Jack looks down at Radyns you know what and says "Whoa, you have a big weiner!" I fell to the floor laughing. BOYS!! Anyways, They played forever. They even let Wyatt play with them and were so nice to him. Dont mind the fact that Wyatt kept hitting them, punk. I finally put Wyatt to bed about 845pm and got Jackson and Radyn ready for bed as well. Then I set up their tent in the playroom (right in front of the tv) with their sleeping bags and pillows. Made them a big bowl of popcorn and plopped them both inside to eat and watch Shark Tale. They ate the entire bowl (then asked for more!). Finally it got to be 11pm and the movie was over. I was dreading bedtime, thinking both of them would be playing or one wouldnt want to sleep in the tent or something would go wrong. So i said "Ok boys time for bed" and they both answered me with an "OK" and layed down rolled over and closed their eyes. I sighed in relief. I went downstairs to get myself ready for bed and about 5 minutes later walked back upstairs and they were both sound asleep! SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!! I went to my bed and passed out watching Jackass 2 almost immediately. Nobody even woke up in the middle of the night. I finally heard from them at 745am. Not too shabby. Wyatt was still asleep so I brought them downstairs to eat waffles and after scarfing their breakfast they went right back upstairs to play again. They had so much fun, Jack was so upset when Radyn got picked up. But it was a successful one! I was a little scared at first. Thought it would be total chaos come 11pm!!

No comments: