Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A Year and A Half!!

Wyatt just went in for his 18 month check up... crazy how time flies. He isnt a baby anymore, he is a real kid :( Its so depressing! We went to his check up and got all his new stats... he was 24lbs (25th%) and 31 inches (also 25th%) with a dome of 18 inches (50th%). So he is pretty average, little smaller than average. He was so good though. The dr even said he was one of the most well behaved 18 month olds he had seen (i told him to come home with me then try making that statement!).. Dr Ball also came in with a new book, that just happened to be dinosaurs, like he knew Wyatt like the back of his hand. Every check up the kids get a book, its to encourage parents to read to them (and Im sure also enjoy going to the DR). I love our pediatrician! He said he looked great and was growing like a weed! The nurse gave him four shots. The first two in one arm, Wyatt barely flinched. Then when I turned him around to do the other two he started wailing, which made his brother cry as well. It was so sad. Jack was so concerned! Even before we left I told him we were taking Wy to the dr and he says to me "WHY? He has enough blood?" I dunno where that came from but he was really concerned that Wyatt had to see a dr. It was cute. Anyways, When we left they both got dinosaur stickers so they were happy on the way home. Mommy was kinda sad that her baby wasnt a baby anymore though :(

2 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Sounds like someone is getting baby hungry! Is Luke up for that?

Anonymous said...

Oh Sweetie !
Wyatt will always be your baby - no matter how old he is !
And he is certainly an adorable and precious little boy also.
How is Wyatt's 'bite' mark?
Poor little guy - I would have screamed, too! No wonder Jack was hiding behind the couch.
The same thing happened to your Aunt Candee when Patty (a little neighbor girl about Jack's age)bit her. They were the same age. Her mom and I were good friends, and I chased Patty home (they lived next door)...and Patty hid in the closet. She got the scolding of her life - from me AND her mother.
Patty never did that again - at least that I know of - and NOT to Candee !