Wednesday, March 19, 2008

BOYS BOYS BOYS!!!

Just had to throw in some updates on my terrible two... haha jk they are angels :)

Jackson.... he thinks he is four. Keep in mind this kid doesnt have a birthday coming for another 2 and a half months. You say he is three and he snaps back proudly and says "NO Im four!" Where he was told he was four is beyond me. He has also decided he wants a Ninja Turtle birthday party. Fine by me, makes my job easy. Its so nice when they can tell you what they want rather than contemplating it. And believe it or not I ve actually already started planning this bday party, as well as Wyatts and Lukes. If anyone of you know us well enough you know that May-August are some crazy months for us. In the same 4 weeks I have all three of my boys birthdays and fathers day, as well as a few other family birthdays, shortly followed by mine. Then for some odd reason I always feel the need to take on other events in the midst of all this, such as planning baby showers. Our weekends are already piling up for the next 5 months with birthdays, weddings, and showers. My head is already spinning. Anywho... Jack has been really into baseball lately, for the obvious reason he started tball. But its a nice change from Ninja turtles and transformers 24-7. He also now offically hates brushing his teeth. Well not even the brushing his teeth part so much as the getting toothpaste on your face, which is inevitable. I recently started giving him "big boy toothpaste" rather than baby stuff cuz he would always swallow it. I have finally got him to spit but he has a heart attack when the stuff gets anywhere other than inside his mouth. He is so dainty.

Wyatt... o my o my. Where to begin. I love this age because they are constantly changing day to day, which depending on the new change can be really fun or really not! His vocabulary is ridiculous, and although he has hard time saying things correctly and I have a hard time understanding him alot, he has so many new words. Finally got the kid to say please and thank you. Sounds alot like "dees" and "du-du" but bless his heart, he tries so hard! Max his dinosaur is "nas". Brother is pronounced "ru-rer" SOOOOOO CUTE! He runs up and down the halls yelling "RU-RERRRR!!!!"Football is an old one but still hasnt changed "booball". One of my faves! Cars, trucks and "almost!" is also hilarious. Pants, shoes, teeth... all come out pretty good. Loves telling me he wants fruit, orange, apple, grapes. Good thing I understand those. Cookie is "di-di". Reminds of Jackson calling cookies "doo-doos". HAHA so not even close! O and water he actually says pretty well! He is getting to be a mini dictionary. So old. Those are some of the new ones, my favorite ones. He doing great with his bed (after I write this however it could be a different story). It did take me two and a half hours the other day to get him down for a nap but in his defense he cat napped in the car for fifteen minutes which is never a good thing for me. A few nights I have found him in the oddest places though. Either hanging out of his bed or in the middle of his floor or right in front of the door. Its so funny. One night I went in there cuz I heard a thump and the poor kid was passed out in the middle of his floor, the fall didnt even phase him. He is obsessed with saying No to everything, regardless of whether or not he really means yes. Its gotten really annoying. Like I said, depending on the change can be really fun or really not, this is one of those nots. Sometimes I have to ask him the same question 6 times before I get a yes out of him. I could say "do you wanna cookie?" He will say no 4 times when I know how bad he really wants one, then finally give in and say yes. Ughhhh. I remember when Jack did this to me. So annoying.
Luke was gone the last two nights. They had reps in town at work so on Monday they went straight from work to dinner then to a bar and dint get home til 1am. He went to work the next morning, seeing Wyatt just long enough to give him a kiss and say bye. then went out again straight from work. I kept the boys up late last night so they could see him when he got home about 10pm. They were both having daddy withdrawls. It was bizzare though because Luke can be gone for an entire weekend, four days, and it wont even phase them. This time they both had a hard time with it. Jack was really upset monday night when Luke wasnt there to tuck him in. And after Luke left yesterday Wyatt kept going to the door to find daddy. At one point yesterday he even stood at the top of the stairs for fifteen minutes calling "DA DA!!! DADDDDY!!!!" And was so upset when he got no answer. Jack also said to me "My daddy will be home in five minutes". Well it was 10am so I said to him "No sorry buddy, daddys at work" and with a weak little whine/cry he says "NO hell be home in five minutes... (sniffle sniffle) I just love him so much!" It was hilarious. I couldnt help but laugh but it was so sad at the same time. Needless to say when Luke walked through the door at 10pm last night those kids were ecstatic! Even when he went to the bathroom for a brief minute Wyatt broke down hysterically crying cuz he thought Luke had left again. So sad.... So I decided they needed some daddy time, so on saturday Im leaving them with him while I go shopping with my mom! LOL!!

1 comment:

The Trotter Family said...

It is so cute how they get so attached to daddy. Micah has been sleeping in lately, so Chad is gone for work before he gets up and he will ask me a couple times during the day to go see daddy. I love it! Looks like you will have a couple crazy months ahead of you. Hopefully you will have time to make it to my shower, but if not, I will definitely understand. I know how crazy busy your life gets!