Friday, March 7, 2008

Here Comes Spring!

I cant even tell you how excited I have been with this nice weather and now the spring forward time change! Its really exciting! It just means spring/summer are coming which means WAY more fun things to do outdoors and no more being couped up in the house to avoid the nasty weather that brings nothing but colds and allergies in this house. Wednesday I met my friend Sarah at the lake with two kids she was babysitting. Britton was Wyatts age and Christian was Jacksons age. We pushed the little ones in the strollers (til they were bored so they wandered behind us at a snails pace) and the big boys rode their razors. And as small as that lake is it took us 2 hours to walk around it. We fed the ducks, chased the ducks, watched the turtles, played at the park, had a snack and just enjoyed the nice weather. I really wish I had pictures cuz the kids were really cute together and had a great time. Thursday when Jack got outta school I met Erin and Kelly at Rubios and had lunch. We sat outside by the fountain and let the kids run around while we sat in the shade. Yet another nice day. Friday the boys and I definetely took advantage of the warm sun and enjoyed being outside all day! Before lunch we headed out to the park. Jack of course on his razor and Wyatt in the wagon, I loaded it up with sand toys and went down the street. There were a few boys there Wyatts age so he played with them and Jack terrorized them of course. I sat with my feet in the sand and soaked up some rays. It was soooo nice out. After lunch and naps back home, Luke got home and we headed out for a walk. Ladera is so huge now its nice to not have to follow the same path everytime on our walks. Gary Dog loves it too, new territory to pee on!! Now that Jack is out of a stroller he HAS to ride his razor on all our walks, and Wyatt, well he HAS to walk right next Gary Dog or he yells "Dog-dog!" the whole time! We stopped at a different park than usual on our walk and let the kids play and Gary Dog rest, he is always so outta shape come spring time cuz he doesnt get half as many walks during the winter. So he was happy when he got to lay on the cool grass for a bit. Jack cracks me up at this park because there is turf under it and not sand, so he calls it the ocean and sits on the end of the slide catching sharks the whole time. He even yells at the other kids not to go in the water cuz there is sharks! Hes crazy. Wyatt loves the swings, I try to avoid the swings when we first get to the park otherwise he will sit on them the entire time we are there. He loves when Luke and I pretend hes kicking us everytime he comes forwards, he cracks up uncontrollably. Its cute. Anways, Im so happy spring here and we finally get to do all the fun stufff we love outside! Hate being couped up inside all the time. I love to watch the kids go crazy and just play and be happy and get some exercise more than anything!!! A few pics of the crazy kids finally enjoying some nice park time!!
In the wagon going home to eat lunch!
Jack just swingin! Catchin sharks...Cheeeeese!!!!!!!!!Relaxin in the grass.... Trying not to fall down...WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! I remember when he used to be so scared to do this by himself, now he basically sprints up it... HI MOM!!!

2 comments:

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

"catchin sharks" that is too cute. sometimes i wish i was that easily entertained!

Caley said...

jack looks so big in these pics..I cant believe he is starting to look like a boy not a kid! so nutts!!! I ran across your christmas card the other day when he was in his bow tie!! so freaking cute. I cant believe how young he looks!!