Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Recipe For You!

This post is more for Brandi than anything cuz she has been wanting this recipe.... but also for the rest of you. When we were growing up my mom always made this dish... its called Cheesey Mexican Chicken and its one of my favorites. I havent had it in years so I called my mom the other night to get the recipe and made it last night for dinner. Not the most low fat chicken but is so worth every ounce of fatty goodness! And it is so quick and easy. Takes five minutes to make!

Cheesey Mexican Chicken

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2lbs)
1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup milk
1 package taco seasoning
fritos

Place chicken in baking dish. Mix 1 1/2 cups of cheese, soup, milk and taco seasoning. Spoon mixture over chicken and top with layer of fritos. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Remove, cover with remaining cheese and bake uncovered for 10 minutes. Serve over white rice! Enjoy!

O and by the way... Rachel I dont know if I totally screwed up your roasted veggies but after not even half the time in the oven my whole oven was smoking? What the heck did i do wrong???

4 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Maybe your oven runs hot or you had a smaller quantity than the normal recipe. Check on foodnetwork.com under roasted cauliflower. I use that recipe all the time with whatever veggies I have minus the red pepper flakes. You will have to try it again, I swear it is great!

ashley said...

sounds yummy, might just have to make it this week...

Brooke and Aaron said...

I'm going to do that recipe this week too. Do you crush the fritos?

The Bradys said...

No Dont crush the fritos just put a layer on top.... good luck, its delicous!