Thursday, April 17, 2008

Maddison is Here!!!

I just spent allllllllllllll day at the hospital but I am happy to announce the arrival of little Maddison June Vallez!!! Lindsay was set to be induced on Monday so I had my sitter all worked out for the day! Well last night she had warned me saying her back was totally cramping! 630am i got a text from Jeff saying they had just been admitted. However I didnt get this text til 8am when I walked downstairs to feed the boys breakfast before leaving to take Jackson to school. I scrambled to get their stuff ready and to find a sitter. Lucky for me Kelly was AMAZING and watched the boys all day so I could go to the hospital. Jeff and I sat there all morning staring at each other, played some cribbage (he kicked my ass) and paced across the room. Then their families joined us so we all sat there some more. Luke got there right before Lindsay got to 10cm. Finally around 5pm she was ready to go! Luke and I and their families watched To Catch a Thief in the waiting room lol And by 530pm little Maddie was welcomed to the world. 7lbs and 19inches of pure cuteness!! I got all her brand new pictures when they were still cleaning her up... and her little feet were still all wrinkily and blue! Ahhh she was sooo cute! Lindsay did great and Jeff was one proud daddy!! And i was soooo happy to finally get to see that little girl! I feel like its been forever since the night they invited us over for dinner and they told Luke and I they were expecting! FOREVER!!!! I havent gotten to hold her yet :( cuz after they were done cleaning her up I rushed out to get the new mommy and daddy some In n Out (we had all been craving it since 11am) then I had to get back to MY kids. So first thing tomorrow the boys and I are heading over so they can meet their new friend! And i can FINALLY hog her! Soo cute... love her!

Ok i was seriously peeing my pants laughing at this thing on the wall... read closely it says, ''Mission hospital would like to remind you that check out time is 11am. Thanks." LOL Really??? as if they have a choice!
I didnt get any good ones of the three of them yet, but you can almost see Lins in this one! LOLStill got the squishy face!!!! Love it!
WELCOME TO THE WORLD MADDIE!!!!!

4 comments:

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

soooo precious! awe, it makes me that much more anxious for my little man to get here!

thanks for sharing and pass my congrats on to the new mom and dad!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! I can't wait to see her! And of course, Kylee can't wait to get her hands on her!

Brooke and Aaron said...

I loved the part about Mission Hospital's check out time. I delivered our second daughter there and had an issue with checkout. I'll back up for a minute - When we had our first baby, we were in Utah and that day the hospital had a record number of baby's born, so I was politely urged to leave my room to make room for the next recovering mom. Our 1st had to stay at the hospital a couple days after I was discharged and I was determined to not go home empty handed...so I camped out on some couch at the hospital (it was so full with new moms there wasn't even a vacant janitorial closet I could have stayed in). Looking back on it now I should have gone home and gotten a good full night's rest! So anyway, when we delivered Heidi at Mission, I had checkout issues too. Aaron was late picking us up, so we had to wait for him. The nurse kept coming in and asking when I would be ready to go. It was annoying. I could have packed up and gone to wait at the hospital curb, but I knew it wasn't going to kill anyone if I stayed an extra hour or so in my room and I'm glad I did. I may have frustrated some of the nurses, but who cares! I'm glad I put my foot down because I can be a push over and I was determined to walk out of the hospital with my husband and new baby. :) Sorry this was so long..

Brooke and Aaron said...

BTW - Maddison is really cute. How do you know them? It sounds like you're related.