Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just Five Minutes.... BREATHE!

I think with as much as I have wanted to throw my kids to the wolves lately I have overlooked their cuteness way too much as well. Like this picture, both watching TV on our bed in their own little world. Or Jackson telling Wyatt that he is his bestest friend in the whole wide world. Or Wyatt walking up to me and saying "kissy kissy" just to give me eskimo kisses before going on the jungle gym. Or Jack telling me that I dont work, "Well you do work I guess, you work at home. And daddy works at Scorpion." (At least he realizes all that us moms do haha). Or the fact that Wy has been calling everyone dude lately. Or when Luke got home from Vegas and he scooped Wyatt up and the first thing he says is "I missed you daddy". Or Jackson telling Parker that he can slide by himself "I believe in you Parker, youre two now!". Or Jackson asking me why girls dont have weiners. Or Wyatt shaking Jacks hand and saying "Nice to meet you Buddy".... I could go on and on. Its nice to take a timeout when life is getting to you and remember the little moments from your kids that bring a smile to your face. I was defintely in need of a timeout. Desperately I think.... I needed to stop for five minutes and remind myself how happy my boys make me on a daily basis even when I want to ring their necks. And after that five minutes, and some big hugs from my little loves, I couldnt help but to write some of their priceless moments down. Maybe next time I need five minutes I will scroll to this post so I dont feel the need to sell them on the streets of Tijuana!!
This is my favorite moment from the last week or so.... You would die listening to Wyatt these days. Something new everyday that will send you into hysterics. Yesterday him and I were sitting at fresh squeeze drinking smoothies and he looks at me and says "Mommy what time is it?" "Its 930 Wyatt..." "930????" (with the cutest most hilarious face ever) and I said "YUP..." and he says right away "Oh SHIT!" Like he was late for an appointment or something. I just about died. In case I havent told you "O shit" has been Wyatts new phrase lately. Doesnt say it too often but says it in the right context like when he drops something. I have been trying to ignore it hoping it will go away (while on the inside dying laughing everytime cuz its so unbelievably cute) but I finally had to draw the line yesterday and tell him not to say it. Then I quickly called Luke to tell him my story. Seriously just priceless.

7 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Man, I have been having those times like crazy. I always think, it is a good thing they are so dang cute because I would have tossed them out the window a long time ago if they were ugly! I don't know how you do it all on your own. I get nervous when Chad isn't around at night and then I need his help just to get things done. I bet you are exhausted and I think you deserve a girls night out!

Valley Girl said...

isnt that truth... i need to remember the little moments to get me through the stresses of the days... kids really are little peices of heaven, it just feels like hell sometimes....
i love that they asked why girls don't have weiners...like there is something wrong with us or something.
and jt has finally started getting his mouth washed out with soap...i secretly thought it was cute and really funny when jt,(at 2) would go around telling people he was going to kick their ass...not so funny at 6....

Anonymous said...

For all the moms of boys, here is a passage that I have saved through the years...you will love it, as I do.

When God made the world
with its mountains and seas,
Its rivers and valleys, and flowers and trees,
He paused for awhile after
doing so much,
And thoughtfully added one last, loving touch...
He made little boys
with their warm, cheerful ways
To add special pleasure and joy to the days--
He made their hearts happy
with laughter and fun
To brighten the world like the light of the sun.
He made each one thoughtful, and trusting and giving,
Gentle and kind with a great love for living...
And when He'd completed the task He'd begun,
He took special pride in the job that He'd done,
For He knew that on Earth
there would always be joy
In the heart and the smile of a dear little boy.

Unknown said...

It's times like those that make it worth getting up in the morning. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Anonymous said...

Yep... you have to stop every now and then and enjoy those beautiful moments, and there are TONS of them when you have children. It grounds you, and completes you. And there is nothing more joyful than watching your kids (and your grandkids), no matter WHAT they're doing or what age they are! Take it from a pro!!!!

Brooke and Aaron said...

You're right. These little moments of cuteness help you tolerate the madness. Remember to get some time away too..sometimes with Luke and sometimes with the girls...because you need that too. You definitely deserve it for all you do! All moms do!

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

"oh shit!" always remember, they are not only YOUR son's, but they also have Erwin blood!

and i think it is important to "take 5" at least once a day! (even if it means that the only 5 min you get alone is in the bathroom!)