Friday, October 24, 2008

SHAVILLA 2008!!

The time had finally come for our annual Halloween party! The beginning of the holiday season is how I always think of it and yet again it was one hell of a way to start the season! I think you all know about our party every year. Our friend John throws it at his house, complete with red carpets, dancing, open bars, port-a-pottys, security guards and halloween decor galore. Usually every year, at least the past 4 years, all of us close friends go over there the night before and decorate and carve pumpkins and the kids play and we make a night out of it. Its tradition. This year last minute John cancelled our night before party cuz he was sick. Such a bummer. But Luke went the next day to help out and hang spider webs and all the fun stuff. This party is also a huge fundraiser every year. He asks everyone for a cover charge (as well as the corporate sponsors he gets every year) and he donates to Childrens Hospitals. We have been donating to Childrens Hospital of Oakland the last few years and this year it went to CHOC, which was awesome considering thats where my preemie baby was taken care of, two different times actually. In the NICU and when he had his surgery at 7 months. This year we raised $10,000 to donate to Childrens Hospital of Orange County. Although it wasnt as much as the past years (considering these are tough times for everyone right now) we still have to realize that thats ALOT of money, escpecially now. Im sure the hospital hasnt had a single person from off the streets basically, walk in and hand them $10,000 in an awfully long time. So its pretty cool.

Everyones costumes turned out GREAT as usual. J's was my personal favorite... Oscar the grouch!!! Luke went as a shower... yes a shower! It turned out awesome!Me and a bunch of my girls went as school girls!
And needless to say we had a great time. We started the night at Jeff and Lindsays then heded to Johns about 830pm. We got home at 3am (always a late night for that party!).... I was dying the next day. BLAH! Ash picked me up to take me to my car and all I wanted to eat was a BIG MAC! So gross but it was the only thing my hungover stomach wanted. Then I wanted to hurl lol! Anyways, a great time with our great friends.... cant wait for next year!! Until then... let the holidays begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O and enjoy the pics!
Me and Lindsay
Jeff the Mariachi Man, Nick as Tiger Woods, Luke the shower, and Tyler as teen wolf
Yes Nick came as a shower too... Luke was so mad! LOLMe and my school girls
The lollipop kid AKA Robert, Michael Phelps AKA Jake, the mariachi man and school girls!Me and Vanessa
How funny is Brians Spaceballs costumeTyler teen wolf, Camden, me, Jake as Michael Phelps and Kyle the kegGary was one of my favorties too as an oompa loompa! HILARIOUS!Cals was adorable as I love LucyTraditional porta potty pic for us
Nicola, me and Ash
Me, cal, tannaz and AmyOur traditional pic... Gabe, me and AndyLast year was way better tho!naughty school girlsNo idea who this guy was! LOL
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

2 comments:

ashley said...

awesome. that is so funny. you guys looked great, i can't believe how cool some of those costumes are!

Unknown said...

Great costumes by all. Please thank Luke for wearing a shirt in the shower. Looks like a wonderful party. We're just sorry we weren't there to spend the night with the kids.