Tuesday, September 11, 2007

1st Day of School!!

Thats right... the first REAL day of pre school! It was great (especially for me!)..... I get there and we are one of the first people there from his class and a little girl had just gotten there too. She said hi to Jack and introduced herself. Jack didnt say anything and hid behind me. I was SOOO scared. I just kept thinking PLEASE dont do this when its time to go in. Well 2 minutes later Miss Karen opened the door and Jack handed her his bag and went right in. Didnt even say bye to me!!! He went straight in and started playing. YAYYY!!! I was so relieved. So after three hours I headed back to pick him up. At this time, as I am peeking through the window, i realize alot of the kids, no, ALL of the kids, are bigger than him. Weird. They line up to come out and he sees me, with a HUGE smile and comes and gives me a big hug. He said " Mommy, I had fun!" He loved it! So then I asked Miss Karen how he did and she says "Oh he is such a sweetheart!" The asks me if he has ever been to school before. I tell her no and he just turned three. Then I asked her "Are most of your kids four?" She says yes, even a few five year olds!! They had put Jackson in a Pre-K class!!! These kids were all going to Kindergarden next year! She said she had asked all the kids to write their name and of course poor jack had no clue how! So she had checked his birthday on the class list, Sure enough it said 6-14-03. She thought he was just an immature 4 year old. Hhaha Then she says "well he is a very mature 3 year old!" Um ya, but one that needs to be with three year olds. So i went to tell the director and she looked in her book and she had written down the wrong birthday! She kept saying "Im so sorry, Im glad you caught it now!" So she switched him to Miss Amanda's class. We went and met her and seems very nice as well. He will be wayyyy better off! When we told Miss Karen she was glad we got it switched but her and Miss Kathy were sad to see him go, they thought he was so sweet! (I said wait til you get to know him haha) They both gave him big hugs, then it was time to go. Jack cried! He didnt want to leave!! I was soo happy. So Thursday we will be in Miss Amanda's class. Ill let ya all know how that goes!! Pre K?? REALLY?????

No comments: