Tuesday, September 4, 2007

A Long Weekend

Well the weekend is finally over (I say that like its a good thing!). But it was just sooooo hot! I didnt think it got over 100 degrees here! 105 is what it said on my computer in MV, three days in a row! YUCK! I told Luke we might as well have gone to the river. Saturday after the boys took naps we went to Lauren and Brians and their HUGE spa was set like bath water so it was perfect for the boys. I hadnt even planned on Wyatt going in so I didnt bring him boardshorts so we finally just stripped him down and he swam FOREVER! He was like a little fish. Our friend Shannon played with them most the time and she would blow bubbles and Wy would try. He was throwing his head back and putting it in the water so his ears and everything would get wet. He was loving it. Usually in a regular pool, he holds on to me for dear life, Im assuming because its colder than the spa was (or he just loved free ballin!)... And Jackson SHOCKED me!! He was all over the place. He was showing Shannon everything he learned in swim lessons then all the sudden started going under, by himself, no one told him to! And he kept doing it over and over and over! I was so happy to see that after all the swim lessons.



I finally got him out of the spa at about 1030 (when he decided he wanted to go watch a movie)... he was a little prune. But was so exhausted he feel asleep on the dogs bed on the floor watching Charlottes Web.

Sunday we got up and cleaned a little and put the kids down for early naps. My friend Leah who is here from Nebraska was having a BBQ at her parents house so we headed over there around 3. The boys got to play with Grace, leahs daughter who is a few months older than Wyatt. She was so funny. Trying to give the boys kisses and hugs, sharing her drink. She was little miss personality. The boys had a lot fun. Until....... I walked inside the house and Jack was lying on the floor in the hallway. I said "Jack what are you doing?" He says in a sad litttle voice "Im laying down." I asked him why and he said cuz his butt hurts. So i asked if he had to go potty and he said yes. So i ran him to the bathroom, took his shorts and underwear off and low-and-behold..... DIAHRREA!!!! EVERYWHERE!!!! I panicked, mind you, Wyatt had come with us to the bathroom so he was very curious! And Luke was outside with everyone but I couldnt leave poor Jackson covered in poo to go get Luke. So I put his underwear and shorts on the floor in a pile, but not before i few little pieces fell on the white carpet under the toilet. (Sorry, kinda graphic huh, Just want you all to feel my pain!!!) Well Jack leaned up against the toilet and smeared poo all over the front of the toilet seat! AHHHHH! Then there is Wyatt crouched down in front of the wadded up shorts about to stick his hand in it. So i put Jack on the toilet while I cleaned this mess up, cant get it off the white carpet by the way! When i was done, the best I could have been done, I took him off and the whole toilet seat was covered in poo. I was just praying at this time nobody walked into the bathroom because there is no lock on the door, hasnt been since high school! After all the cleaning of carpet, seats and butts i walked my naked three year old to the other room to get shorts (lukcily i brought an extra pair of clothes for him!) With him holding my hand and wadded up poo shorts in the other and my 1 year old in front of me, I tried my best to move quietly to the other room so we wouldnt be noticed! MORTIFIED! Here is a house full of people, most of which I have no clue who they are, and im walking through the house with naked poo kids. UGHHHH! So I go outside and tell Leah about the rug, she just laughed and said she would get it later. At least she has a kid, and feels my pain! Well five minutes later it happened again, and two minutes later again. So finally I had Luke take them home, where throughout the night (I was at the Angel game with Pam) Luke changed 9 Shart (Shit-Fart) diapers. Luke slang. HAHA. Quite the night for them!

Yesterday we spent the day inside (dunno why, it was probably just as hot as outside!) til about 3, then we took the boys outside to play in the pool. We put the misters on us and it was so nice. Then finally headed over to Jeff and Lindsays for some steak and baked potatoes and pina coladas!!!! DELICIOUS!! Hit the spot. O and Wyatt has a word, if you wanna consider it an actual word, UH OH! Everything is Uh-OH now!! Its pretty cute. So it was a long weekend, good moments and bad! At least it will be a short week!!

1 comment:

ashley said...

ok that little happy face volcom shirt is so cute! i want one for me.

can i just say that i love reading your blog cause you are so funny. i love that you have two little boys and they are such cool little kids. seriously, i can't wait to meet them! maybe this christmas, i hope!