Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 2

Well today is day 2 with Jacksons lip. He woke up this morning at 645am crying, saying his lip really hurt. I was expecting it since wounds and such always hurt worst after sleeping. His lip was HUGE. Oh my gosh the poor kid. When he talks he has to slurp up his spit, so gross. And he talks with a lisp kinda like his brothers. LOL Anyways, I looked at it and it just looked GROSS... as you already know I dont do well with wounds like this. I almost barfed when I saw the insde this morning. Worst part was I didnt know what it was supposed to look like so I couldnt tell if it was better or worst or what... I just knew it was NASTY!!! I called Luke at work and asked him what he thought and we decided it wouldnt hurt to take him back to Urgent Care, just to be sure. I dropped Wyatt off next door (THANK YOU TONI, youre a lifesaver!) and Jack and I sat in the waiting for over an hour. He was so good and so patient. My mom was calling to check on ME, not Jack so much as me! HAHA She kept saying to call her if they need to do anything like shots or stitches so she could come save me from passing out again lol. The dr finally saw us and said it looked fine. She said usually they dont like to do stitches in the mouth cuz its just a hard area to keep clean and they are more prone to getting infected. So she wasnt going to do that, thank god! She also wasnt going to give us any antibiotics because she said it looked like it was healing very well... the mouth always heals so fast. So for now lots of Tylenol and ice. And no seedy foods or acidy fruits. We went to get Wyatt when we were done and Toni fed all the kids lunch and Jack asked for lemonade... I had to ban that real fast!!! Anyways, its just a healing game now and just hope it doesnt reopen at this point! And I got a piece of mind knowing its the way it should be right now and not infected or anything. Ughhh I just got the chills. Poor guy... but mighty tough and brave!

2 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Eew! That is a nasty one for sure! Poor kid. They seem to take it better than we do though. Hope the swelling is going down, but in the mean time I would get some good home video of him trying to talk with that fat lip!

ashley said...

yeah, that does look nasty!!!!
and i think i might have passed out too, i am ok with stuff like that as long as it is not someone that i am related to, then i get all weird about it.
hope it gets better soon, poor kid!