Monday, August 4, 2008

A Down South Weekend

This weekend Luke and I had a mini vacay... and let me tell you, it was much needed. With Luke being away the last two weekends before that, my head was spinning as far as the kids go. I needed a break. So saturday afternoon we dropped the kids with my dad and headed to the train station. We took the train down to San Diego where we witnessed the funniest episodes aboard that train we were dying laughing. Weird ass people ride those trains lemme tell ya! Some hispanic guy was screaming while he was talking on his cell phone when we first got on the train and one of the train people yelled at him and it was this huge confrontation. Then some lady sitting near us yelled at everyone because she "couldnt help but wonder if everyone was giving him crap because he was speaking Spanish during his conversation". Ummm, NO! Its because he was scareming in this quiet train and no one wants to listen to it! Then he was cussing people out and singing "dont cry for me Argentinaaaaa!" I was dying. After we finally realized how drunk he was by the sound of beer bottles clanking in the seat behind us, he finally got up and moved to a different car. Guess he was done annoying the crap outta us. Had to find some new victims. My gosh it was awful. We arrived in sd and we took a cab over to our hotel which was only about a mile, if that, from the train station. We stayed at the Porta Vista and it wasnt too shabby. And the beds were damn comfortable compared to our crappy mattress lately that has me aching by the time I wake up in the morning. Gary and Gianna met us down there about 5pm and after an hour or so of relaxing in the room we headed over to Petco Park to see the Padres game. We hadnt bought tickets so we bought grass seats from a scalper right before the game started. Not like we really cared how the Padres did so we werent going to spend money on expensive seats. So we get into the ballpark and decide to go up and sit in the restaraunt, eat and drink and watch the game on the TVs. So we did. Shortly after, Garys brother-in-law John came up. He happened to be in sd for a volleyball tournament. Just so happens his best friend is the Liquor manager of the entire park.... ummmmm, SCORE!!!!!!!!! So sweet for us.... after a few rounds of drinks he finally moved us into this suite type sushi bar that was outside overlooking the field right below all the suites. So our night worked out in our favor... bigtime. It was awesome. We had so much fun. After the game we cruised the streets for awhile and ended up at TGIFridays... yes, we went to Gaslamp and ended up at fridays. So pathetic. But we ate some more, drank some more then took a cab back to our hotel and went to the hotel bar and drank some more. Finally by 2am or so we went back to the room and crashed. The next morning, I pulled my hungover butt outta bed and we all got ready, checked out and went to lunch. Then headed to Del Mar for the horse races. Our friends Josh and Jonnie are in town, FINALLY, so we met them there, and Caley and J, and after losing miserably in the blazing heat with yet some more alcohol, Luke, Gary and myself caught a train back home. I was SPENT! Sooo tired. BUTTTT, the day wasnt over... we headed to my parents to have dinner with the fam for all our July birthdays. Where Luke continued to drink then lost my sisters car keys lol... We are still looking for them. Of course he has NO recollection of what he may have done with them.... ahhhhhhhh the effects of drinking for 18 hours straight! My mom made meatloaf, Parker in his poor little cast (he had surgery last week to remove his extra thumb- no more high sixes!) fell asleep in his bowl of beans and mac n cheese LOL It was so cute. Wyatt held his own with Sophia, Eric told Brandi she looked like a stripper hahahahahah Kylee caught the smallest lizard I have EVER seen and kept it in a tupperware and Jack fell asleep on Nanas shoulder at 9pm after a minute of rocking and Ryan and Marc proceeded to laugh at Eric about the girls he would bring home who were "squealers". Why I was still sitting on the pack patio with all three of my brothers and Luke at that point was beyond me, what the hell was I thinking!?!?!?! Worst conversations EVER!!!! Didnt wanna hear some of that stuf.... ughhhh! It was a funny night... needless to say, I went home and passed out FAST! It was such a nice weekend, wish we did it more often!!




2 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Sounds like fun. I need a break too! Wow, I've never heard of having an extra thumb. Too bad you don't have pictures of that! I knew a kid that had an extra toe though and they didn't notice it for weeks because they were still in shock that they had a boy since all the ultrasounds told them it was a girl!

Anonymous said...

Ok... you were definitely in the vacation, too much alcohol mode... Mom didn't make meatloaf (that was the week before). We had ribs on Sunday! But it was a fun weekend with all the kids! Happy birthday baby! I love you!