Sunday, August 10, 2008

Our Saturday...

.... started off a bit crazy. I had a bridal shower to go to at 1030am. And we only had one car since Lukes truck was at the office. I was trying to get the basket of goodies together for the gift and didnt have a basket at 9am, as I am trying to hurry and get ready. Wouldnt have been a huge problem but Luke wanted me to leave the car cuz last time I was at a shower I was gone for 5 hours. He didnt want to be stuck at home for 5 hours so I had to find a ride. Lucky for me Lindsay had a basket so Luke dropped meat her house at 10am so we could fill it with goodies and I rode with her to the shower. It was small, pretty and perfect and we had a delicious brunch cooked by Shannon and Hillary. We played a game where we all had to answer questions according to what we thought the grooms answers would be. Well then they videotaped the groom answering these questions so we could watch it. And if you know Alberto, the groom, you knew it was going to be funny. And it was! It was the onyl game we played and it was perfect. Amy got a ton of wine glasses lol and some other cool stuff and after 2 hours we were all on our way home. Luke was shocked. Then we went home, packed a cooler and met Marc, Brandi and the kids at the beach club. The kids swam forever and we relaxed. It was the first time I had been there since Jack has been really swimming so it was so nice... we left there about 6 and headed to their house for dinner and Joker. We won, again... ok at least 2 outta 3. Me and Brandi dominate at that game. Its like we read each others mind. Love it.... by midnight we packed up and headed for home. Sunday morning Jack and I headed to Irvine to say goodbye to Kelly before she drove off to Colorado. Then we headed to get a bday present for our neighbor Alyssa whose party started at 1pm. We made it home just in time to wrap, change and get over there. Alyssa was turning three and her party was complete with cake, bounce houses, lots of presents and hot dogs. Just so happens that we knew Alyssa's uncle. Random. John AKA Willie C, used to work with Luke at Americor. Funniest guy ever and hasnt changed a bit. Him and Luke hadnt seen each other in probably almost 3 years. Well it was like they hadnt skipped a beat. LOL. We had no idea that he was Megans brother (Megan is Alyssa's mom and they live 3 doors down). Finally I took the boys home, we were the only ones left there except for John and his parents. Luke stayed behind and continued to hang out with John. After getting the boys changed I finally got Luke outta there so we could go to the other neighbors house for a BBQ and swimming. I was sitting in the spa with the little kids where Jack and Brenden showed me how good they could swim and I finally saw Wyatt put his face in the water!!! HUGE for this kid who has been scared of that since his near drowning experience. I was so excited. Come 9pm, we all DONE! We went home and crashed!!! Long, nice weekend though.... other than Kelly leaving :(

No comments: