Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Shane!!

Last night we went to Jake and Kristyns to celebrate Shanes 1st birthday. Jenny was in town til today so they made sure to get a party in for Shane before heading back to Mammoth. The kids got to swim and play and eat pizza and cake. Shane got to dig in to his first bday slice and I think its safe to say he loved it. In case you couldnt tell :) Luke and I left a little early, and left the boys there to play, while we went to Jacks soccer meeting. You know what I totally cant stand (other than all you lame people reading my blog and never commenting)??? People at meetings who ask the DUMBEST questions EVERRRRRRRRRR! One dad there actually asked "Are you going to seperate the kids by skill level?" ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?!??! They are 4! How much skill can 4 year olds possibly have. Luke, Robert and I were dying! Either his kid really sucks or he thinks he is gods gift to soccer, which is what Im assuming! Regardless, they are 4. So ridiculous. I wanted to get up and smack the guy silly. WOW! They also changed up the U5 division for AYSO this year. Instead of there being set teams all the boys are together and all the girls are together. They have a bunch of trainers here from the UK who will be running the program (so Luke is kinda off the hook for coaching this year). For the first hour they have all the boys split up into different stations where in each station they will be running drills to learn the basics of soccer. Kicking, running, trapping, throw ins, LISTENING to your coaches! The last half hour the kids will all be broken up and play a normal game. In my opinion, wayyyy better than having 10 4 year olds running in circles. They actually get to learn. I think it will be really good for them. We got their uniforms last night too.. I picked #4 for Jack, my number. This morning he got up and decided to rock his uniform... gotta tell ya, he looks pretty sweet.....

7 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

OK, I love the pouting picture of Wyatt! What a little cutie even if he is being a turd! Sorry I haven't been a great commenter lately, I am a little sick. Jack looks pretty cute in his uniform. I can't wait to put Micah in soccer!

Anonymous said...

And by the way, I was all set to watch the boys and have my nephew time, but you ruined it and left them at the party!!! Thanks!!! See if I offer to watch them again!!! Ok, nevermind......I'll watch them again, but I'm only doing it for me!!!

Monty said...

Ok, I read our blog, and its great to hear what the boys are up to. Oh, and by the way, not that I'm an expert on 4 year olds or kids for that matter, but if you ever need help with soccer practices, I am an expert at that.

Thanks for the great reads!

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

ummm personally i was TOTALLY entertained by 10 five year old kids all in a big herd chasing the soccer ball down the field. its like the ball had a REALLY big shadow!

rose was always the tallest kid so she was always in the front and would kick the ball and catch up to it before any of the others got there. ha ha ha

it was amazing to see how red those kids got running around after the ball!

Unknown said...

The lip looks great. We really like your updates but we're not so good about commenting. We'll try harder. Grandma has enough trouble just figuring out how to read them.

ashley said...

such a mescher (is that how they spell it?). what a cute kid!

can't wait for the girls to play soccer, all except the kiss bye-bye saturdays for a few months part!

Anonymous said...

Yep! Jack looks 'pretty sweet' in his uniform #4 !
However it is my candid Great Grandmother's opinion that handsome, smiling Jack looks GREAT in anything !
So glad to see his lip looking better and healing.