Sunday, August 17, 2008

Spoke Too Soon

Its been a long weekend. LOOOONNNGGGGG!!!!! Luke left on friday for Palm Springs for Gregs bachelor party. Me and the boys were here... mostly helping my sister move. I went to Target and got the boys plenty of items to keep them busy while I helped her for 8 hours on friday!!! But we got ALOT done. The next day I was back there again. My poor boys probably thought they were moving in. But they were very good under the circumstances. My mom and I finally left there and went to run a few errands before running back to her house to celebrate my dads bday with Marc and Brandi and the kids! So while we are on the subject, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! Glad the boys and I were there to help you blow out your candles on your real birthday. And I got to kick your butt in cribbage and Joker!!! Ok, well at least Joker!! We love you and hope you had a great day!!! We went to the bluff for appetizers and sunset then back to their house for dinner and pie... Hunter made it!!! His own pecan pie!! Pretty impressive, I wont lie! Here is where my weekend gets a bit more interesting.. ok ALOT more interesting!! Have I mentioned that in a week and a half we have 6 kids birthday parties, my dads birthday and a birthday dinner for our friend Franco tonight (Happy birthday Franco, sorry we arent there to help you celebrate tonight!) that we are obviously missing due to my next story. Its crazy. So please dont be offended if we havent made it lately... my head has been spinning lately!! So anyways, today we had a birthday party in Carlsbad to go to. Brandon, Caleys nephew that I always watch, turned one. And Cal, myself and the boys drove down this morning to help celebrate.... Little did I know that we were actually driving all the way to Carlsbad just for an ER TRIP!!!!!!!! Yes, you heard me, an ER trip!!!! Rachel, I totally spoke too soon! My friend Rachel (under Bradys buddies as Trotter: Party of four) just had to take her 3 year old to the ER for his first big wound. I told her how I was so lucky and hadnt done that yet... I have a way of jinxing myself when I say things like that! Sure enough................ we were at the party for 5 minutes, no joke, 5 minutes, when I heard Jackson crying. Caleys mom scooped him up and brought him to me at the bottom of the playground and his mouth was bleeding. He had fallen down on top of the playground and busted his lip wide open. It just bled... and bled... and bled... and bled. It was a huge gash. After 5 minutes or so of icing it, rinsing it out and trying to make the bleeding stop I handed him off to Caley so I could call Luke. He wasnt answering and all the sudden I started feeling light headed. Another 5 minutes later or so I sat down next to Jack and said to Cal "im gonna pass out..." Sure enough..... Here is me with my head between my legs, white as a sheet with Kyle, Caleys brother, icing my neck. RIDICULOUS!!!!!! I dont like blood but my gosh Amy, really?!?!?!? This is your own kid and here you are passing out. What a joke. Finally we all agreed Jack needed to go to the ER and get that lip stitched up. I left Wyatt with Cals brother and sister in law, along with his car seat just in case. I sat in the back with Jack and Cal drove my car to the ER (she wouldnt let me drive lol). When we were finally in the car it stopped bleeding for the most part. Best part was Caleys cousin Izzy wrote directions to the hospital down on a cardboard piece and for some reason we laughing hysterically about it. Man what a day! We got there and he was a champ. They kinda checked him in and took his temp, blood pressure, weight, all that then told us to sit in the waiting room. Well after awhile we realized we werent going to be seen for a long time and I said forget it! I wasnt going to sit there for any longer, the people in front of us hadnt even really moved. I signed a refusal paper and we were on our way. I decided Ill see how he does for the next few hours and if we need to Ill take him to the ER or urgent care at home since we have 24 hours to get it stitched up. Luckily the inside of the mouth heals so fast so he may just get lucky. I just dont want him eating anything that could reopen it. Poor little guy. So I guess it wasnt an official ER trip since we never went back to see the dr but OMG it may as well been one. What a freakin day!!! We are home now obviously but walking on egg shells. This kids lip looks like he is packing a lipper... hahah. And the inside is so gross, this picture doesnt do it justice. He had some milkshake, and apple sauce and some chicken noodle soup. And tomorrow we are sticking to soft easy foods just to be safe. Wish us all luck cuz I dont want him to have to be stitched up! Poor baby... the boxing champ!! LOL All these pics are from today.... enjoy the fat lip!

No comments: