Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Boys and Their Bumbos

Before Jack was born my mom bought him this stuffed snuggly blue elephant... Luke had an elephant growing up too so my mom stuck to that. Well for months he slept with it every night and it never had name, it was just elephant. Him and the elephant slowly grew apart and it was eventually tossed in a toy box with the rest of his animals. Well before Wy was born my mom bought him the same elephant and the same thing happened. Just got stuffed away in a toy box after awhile. One night about 6 months ago my mom was watching Parker and he had his little stuffed bear who he calls "Mr Bear". Wyatt watched him carry it around all night but never said anything or stole it or anything. The next day he dug through his toy box and found his elephant. He started calling it Dumbo or in Wyatt language became Bumbo. He carried it around all dayand took him to bed and everything. Well then Jack became jealous and said "mom I want Wyatts Bumbo!" Not realizing he had his own a few years back, he started to cry. I said "Jack you have a Bumbo too!" I DO!?!?!?!" So I went to the toy box and pulled out his. He was ecstatic. To this day they both LOVE their bumbos and sleep with them every nap and night and take them everywhere to spend the night. Its so funny to me. Anyways, my mom has been looking everywhere for one for the new baby, Im gonna cal him Brayden cuz I think that is going to be his name, lol. So she is on a hunt for Braydens Bumbo, she didnt see it at Kohls where she got the boys.... so if anyone happens to find a Bumbo let me know!! For now... can you guess whose is whose??? AHAHA Jacks looks like its been through a war! It used to be as fresh looking as Wyatts....

5 comments:

Mrs. Izzy said...

eBay
An eBay member wants to show you this item
Hi, I saw this item on eBay and thought you might be interested.

NEW Kids Preferred Blue elephant lovey sweet dreams
NEW Kids Preferred Blue elephant lovey sweet dreams
Buy It Now price:
$29.99Buy It Now
End time: Oct-01-08 19:36:29 PDT
Add to watch list | See similar items

Check out this item

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable that Jack and Wyatt have their very special huggables to go to bed with...and an elephant - like their Daddy had !
We will all be on the lookout for a 'Bumbo', I am sure - for baby-to-be Brayden.
Let us know if you buy the one on ebay.
I have been buying 'Plush Pink Baby Girl Doll by Eden' ever since I bought one for my granddaughter Reilly the day she was born, and 9 years later, it is still her "Baby". Actually, her mom and I have bought several more throughout the years, since they had often been washed, but just wanted to be sure that 'Baby' would not be lost in all the travels. One time, a maid at a hotel where we were staying had inadvertently picked up baby with the sheets to wash. VERY fortunately, I thought that might have been what happened to Baby when we started to look for her, and I ran down the halls of the hotel, and tracked down the maid, and she went thru her cart of laundry, and I let out a shout of "HOORAY!" when I spotted Baby. WHEW ! Reilly was just
3 years old at the time, and Baby accompanied her everywhere...so it was a big relief that Baby had not gone any further than the laundry cart !
The ORIGINAL BABY remains her very special love.
Just last month, I had ordered 2 more. One for my sister's new little granddaughter, Kate...(had given her big sister, Jenna who is now 3 a Baby, and now Kate will have hers, too.
And one is for my new little great-granddaughter-to-be.

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

those are cute and dont look as gross as you think!

Brooke and Aaron said...

Wait, wait, wait. Brayden? Did I miss an announcement? Who's having a baby?

Anonymous said...

I actually gave Ash her 'bumbo' this weekend that Amy and I bought a few weeks ago - it's not an elephant, but a bear (I think), same deal, just a different animal. Feels just as squishy, but I'd still love to find a bumbo!