Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gettin Behind!

Friday was a funny day. To say the least. It started with dropping Jackson off at school and Wendy and I took the little boys for a walk. Mission: to free Willy. Who is Willy you ask? Willy is our turtle AKA Tuck. After a little bribery Jack agreed to release Tuck into the lake. I told him we could get some little goldfish for his small fish tank (3 of which have already died... god bless goldfish for only living so long!). Anyways... Mission Free Willy was a HUGE success and I have never seen that turtle happier. He just swam and swam and swam. I put him in the RSM lake on the side where the turtles love to hang out. He immediately swam like crazy and poked his head out like all the other turtles. Wyatt yelled "Bye bye Tucky!" Wendy and I continued to walk around the lake and we stopped where all the ducks were to feed them the loaf of bread I bought. After about a third of the loaf we were SWARMED by huge ballsy Geese... those things have NO FEAR and are freakin scary! We scooped up the boys, bread and our strollers and literally ran we were so scared. We traveled around the corner to where there were no geese, just ducks. However, after another minute or to, low and behold, the geese returned and were closer than ever. Thats when i threw the whole loaf in the air and again we ran. So I have come to the conclusion that Geese or no bueno. I thought they were going to eat me. We walked around the lake once more before heading back and what do you know... there was Tuck again, just sunbathing his cute little turtle head. Happier than a pig in poo. We walked around the little loop of the lake and Wyatt says "mommy, its Tuck!" I look over and sure enough there was Tuck just staring at us, it was like he had followed us over there. Weird.

Friday night we dropped the boys at Marc and Brandis and we went to Dailys to celebrate Garys birthday. It was a mellow night and was actually really nice to catch up with everyone, I feel like I havent really seen them in awhile. Us girls died laughing at one table while the boys battled in shufflepuck all night. The night ended with a bang though. LOL. Best story. One night we were at lauren and Brians and Mike Morales decided to pants Luke in the middle of the kitchen. We all died laughing but Luke swore up and down he would get him back. WELLLL Mike was at Dailys, and even better he had on sweat pants. Luke and I had just said goodbye to the remaining few left a the bar and he went right up behind Mike and pantsed him... (mature I know, welcome to my life lol). I seriously almost fell to the floor I was laughing so hard. Mike so deserved it. Ahhhh love a good laugh. Anyways, fun night. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! WE LOVE YOU GARY THE HUMAN!!!

2 comments:

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

geese are totally mean, and they will try to eat you....had one chomp on my toe once!

what prompted mission abandon baby turtle?

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

ps - i thought luke agreed to stop kissing boys!? :)