Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Birfday.....

So Sunday was my birfday... it was kinda strange that Luke wasnt around and I was home with the kids and what not. But I have some awesome friends... Gianna and Lindsay went outta their way to throw me a small party down in Laguna Beach. They brought Subway and cupcakes and invited our closest friends and she even brought me a pitcher of margaritas, which after my weekend of flying solo tasted mighty good lemme tell ya! It was nice to just relax and sit on the beach with friends. The other kids were there so the boys were entertained too. The guys played volleyball which was pretty entertaining I must say. Some of the girls got me a gift certificate to Burke Williams which I cannot WAIT to use.... I am so excited to go have a spa day you have no idea. Anyways, funny sidenote... so all the kids were catching sandcrabs and putting them in this bucket down by the water. They were hunched over the bucket playing with them and adding more and letting some go, etc etc for quite awhile. Finally I see about ten Asian people in their clothes, with cameras around their necks approach the kids and then the madness started. OMG! It was CRAZY! These foreigners thought our kids were the greatest thing since pumpkin pie!!! Either that or they truly thought sandcrabs were straight from another planet! Their cameras were going crazy, they were making the kids pose for them, they would pose with the kids with their two finger peace signs (my personal favorite), they circled around them for a good half hour snapping pictures. All of us were sitting probably 20 yards away on the beach just cracking up. It was hysterical! I guess little white kids is one thing foreigners love about the US huh?!?! One lady in a striped shirt was IN LOVE with Wyatt, she kept talking to him and playing with the sandcrabs with him and taking his picture! For a minute there I almost thought I should go grab them before these crazy foreigners took off with all our little white babies! Seriously may have been worth the good laugh we got for a half hour though... lol JUST KIDDING!!! Anyways.... when the day was just about over I packed up my extremely exhausted boys and all their crap and headed through crazy Laguna to go find my car. Honestly, I forgot how much I despise the streeets of Laguna Beach. Its nuts down there. Wyatt was asleep in the stroller before we even got to the stop light. They were DUNZO (Laguna Beach language incase you didnt notice... for all those who used to watch Stephen and LC hahahahah)... We then cruised down PCH to my parents house where my mom cooked me some meatloaf, yummmmm, and Brandi and Marc and Ash joined us. Finally by about 845 I could hardly stay awake... so home we went and suprisingly enought the kids stayed awake ALLLL the way home watching Robots in their car seats. Should have made one of them drive.... I passed out after a hot shower probably by about 10pm. Luke finally got home about 1130pm and woke me up, however I wasnt totally awake! I only halfway remember him waking me up and putting a dozen roses on my head and trying to make me open cards and presents lol..... I felt bad the next morning but I think he knew I was just dead tired and couldnt get out of the funk. It was a fun day, and although we were missing Luke, it reminded me of how great of friends I have!
My dozen roses that were put on my head while I slept!
Jack, Wyatt and Dylan playing with sand crabs (the same shot im sure the Asian people have 100 of)The guys attempting volleyball. Jeff is in the left part of the picture, good and ready for Marc to hit it to him LOL and Jake is standing here ever so calmly lol It was so funny. Kylee and McKenna and some of the herd standing behind them. You probably wonder what they are all looking at in the other direction?!?! Thats where the boys are playing with sandcrabs lol They are staring at the boys hahahahha Oh man... this just wont get old to me! O and thats the striped shirt lady OBSESSED with Wyatt!Me and some of the girls, about to blow out my imaginary candles... Hillary, baby Miles, Brandi, Ambra, me, Gianna, Lindsay and Kristyn. I love how 4 of them are all brand new moms and are hiding their stomachs lol

1 comment:

ashley said...

happy birthday!!! what a fun little party, love that you got a pitcher of margaritas- so funny!
gotta love those crazy asaians and their cameras!