Wednesday, July 16, 2008

OC Fair

Last night we met Jake and Kristyn and the kids at the fair for some great food HA and fun rides HAHA! Its amazing how different your prespective of the fair is when you get to be this age and have kids. One-its freakin expensive. Lucky for us Jake knew a guy on cleanup duty and he gave him a bunch of cards with tickets so the kids basically rode rides all night for free. Luke bought one card with 30 tickets for $15 bucks. however each ride is like 4-6 tickets. CRAZY! Two- I never realized how much junk food is actually there. I mean ya obviously your regalr ice cream, funnel cake and corn dogs but my gosh! Everything was fried... from fried donuts to fried frog legs to fried pop tarts and mine and kristyns personal favortite- Krispy cream donuts with a chicken breast sandwich!!! I mean really?!?! Could that get any grosser. The two of us opted for a bean and cheese burrito. LOL. Three- the rides I used to know and love now make me nauseas just looking at them. I give McKenna and Kylee HUGE credit for going on some of that crap. Holy cow. However there is one thing that didnt change for me... remember when you were a kid at the fair, all you ever wanted was to win a goldfish to take home in the plastic bag and have it die a week later... well i got really excited about the goldfish game. (No i dont want goldfish in my house, I know it will die in a few days so no harm done, not like I have to take care of it lol) I ended up winning two, one for my boys and one for McKenna who was the smartest of the four kids and decided to give it to Kylee. Smart girl.... Anyways, we were there forever. jackson went on alot of rides with the girls and even Wyatt went on a few with them too. They had so much fun. After all the rides and games we watched the Chinese Acrobats... ummmmm, AMAZING!!! These people are crazy. I got one picture of this dude who had piled up ten chairs on four champagne bottles and climbed to the top only to do a one handed hand stand on the very top. It was insane!!!!!! i got a sweet picture too! The babies were soooo good. For four hours worth of fair (6-10pm none the less) I never heard a peep out of them. Just all smiles. They are so stinkin cute!! Anyway, heres some pics from the crazy fair...
Wyatt carressing Baby Regan.... he loves them
Hard to see but the top two are McKenna and jack then the next two are Wy and Ky on the dragon roller coasterCHEESEEE!!!Wyatt was sad he couldnt ride something with the other kids so daddy took him on a mini monster truck, watching Luke in that thing killed me lol

Mommy is a pro at the goldfish game! jack named it GoldieCrazy Acrobats... if u can tell this is the guy at the very very top of the ten chairs doing a hand stand. NUTS!Kenna, jack and KyKylee and Regan.... I need a picture of Payton on here now!Cheeseball Wyatt leaving the fair!Jack was too tired to walk to the car.... meaning it was a good night!

2 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

I LOVE the fair! I grew up in Costa Mesa (yes, I know it is ghetto) and at the end of each school year, we would each get a ticket to go free. Now all I go for is the food! By the way, I loved the story about your mom's picture in Crystal Cove. So cool! Well, time for me to shower, Brooklyn spit up half her "dinner."

ashley said...

so yeah, i suck. didnt call you. it's so wierd when you stay with your parents for 2 weeks. guess you just have to come out here and visit.....

seriously, i am so sorry though! i suck!