Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day

Part 2- Xmas day... isnt too stressful for us! We always wake up xmas morning, early, eevryone opens presents, we make yummy breakfast then wait for my grandma to get there then its back home for naps, then off to Ethan and Laris for xmas with them! Same old same old... I love it! The kids actually slept til about 715 or so this year which is AMAZING for them. Santa brought the boys a Wii this year! Lucky boys (or lucky mom, whatever!) and an easel and of course lots of stocking stuffers. Wyatt just kept wanting to eat whatever food was in his stocking. They got a star wars game to go with wii, the stupid batcave I looked all over town for, a batmobile, star wars guys, a star wars scooter, star wars potato heads, a star wars movie (do you see a theme) and lots more. Wy got a handy manny toolbox which is actually one of Jacks favorite new things. Weird. However he informed me the day before xmas that he really wanted a Nintendo DS, "all his friends have them". I almost died. I have been asking him what he wanted all month long. Only thing he would say was a batcave and a star wars set. Grr. Everyone got them clothes which was great! I feel like we didnt have overload on toys like past years! But thank goodness I got that batcave cuz it kept the boys busy alllll day long! Kylee got Disney Sing it for Wii so we popped that bad boy in. Kylee mastered her song, then Hunter turned on some hs musical song and was singing and dancing. OMG FUNNY! We were all laughin our asses off! Here is this 13 yr old boys singing Fabulous! We got it all on tape too... he is going to hate us on his weddin day! The morning was crazy with lots of gifts... but Ryan finally got a chance to bring out my parents gift from all us kids. It was a HUGE family portrait custom matted and framed. Around the family picture was 8 other photos. 1 for each of the five individual families, 1 of my parents, 1 of my parents and us 5 kids and 1 of Nana and Papa with the 6 grandkids (Brayden obviosuly wasnt there yet). It was huge and beautiful and they loved it!! After the gift madness we ate the loads of breakfast my mom and Brandi had made. Frech toast casserole, egg casserole, left over tamales, english muffins. MMMMM it was so yummy. We topped it all off with mimosas! Gammy got there and we did presents with her. The kids got some cute lion towels and I got a super cozy pottery barn blanket. I love my blankets!! Then we brought out Gammys gift.. Ryan and I had pulled together a bunch of pictures and he put together a DVD for her of past xmas's all the way up to the present. It was awesome and she cried (imagine that!). It was super cute, he did a great job! We played a few games of wii before we said our good byes, loaded the car full of stuff and went home to nap! Thank god I did too because I was still tired when I got up! The boys wanted to stay intheir new PJs all day, so when it came time to go to Ethan and Laris we put on their new Batman robes and DVS slippers and headed over. They were so warm and comfy. That leads us to part 3 of our xmas adventure!
Star wars... round 1, or ten, whatever!
Wy and his RocketHunters favorite giftThe new famSleepy grumpy Luke :)My babystar wars round 17The boys gift to my parentsThe big picture!Favorite gift... the batcaveEating eggiesHAHAH Fabulous fabulousHis parents dying laughing at himThe videoBye baby bye with Brayden and GammyWe have created a monsterI beat Luke

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Christmas! The big picture was positively AWESOME! You guys did a fabulous job and everyone that has come over just loves it! Thank you, all of you, for putting it together so beautifully! What a gorgeous family we have!! (ok, maybe I'm a teensy bit prejudiced)