Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Let The Festivities Begin!

Part 1- Xmas eve.... I love xmas eve. (WARNING:LOTS OF PICTURES!!) Our family celebrates more on xmas eve, cuz everyone is there, although we all spend the night at my parents and wake up and do presents. This year was no different. I had Keira in the morning so I sent Luke out to do my last minute things. One thing that was different is this year, rather than my mom cooking this huge extensive xmas meal (my dad wanted prime rib again) we decided to order mexican food! Seriously best idea we have ever had. I didnt want my mom stuck in the kitchen all night and i didnt want us all to have to clean up. I ordered a ton of food from Los Golondrinas, enchiladas, rice and beans, taquitos, and Marc went and picked up tamales from Santa Ana. It was awesome. No prep, no mess, and in turn allowed my mom, and all of us to spend more time just hanging out. And it was delicious!!!! My oldest brother Eric wasnt there this year. Him, Teresa and Sophia left for Brazil on the 17th for a whole month. Teresas family is all there and they have never met Sophia. I actually just got an email from him and they are having agreat time, so jealous! Ash and eric were at his moms house so they didnt get there til about 10pm...We played many games of Joker while we waited for them. We had 2 different boards going at one time. We finally decided to let the kids open their pjs without them so they could go to bed. My mom buys them all pjs so its the one present they all get to open on xmas eve. I let them open one more... the movie Wall-E. I figured they could all lay down and watch that to calm down. Jack got batman PJs and almost had a heart attack he was so excited. And Wy got some dino pjs that he LOVED!!! They all got dressed, posed for a picture then headed into the playroom to lay down and watch the movie.The boys played Joker and the girls decided to open the present from my mom to the family... she had bought a wii for her house! Brandi and I were dying to kick each others butts in bowling so we opened it. Luckily Eric and Ash showed up so Eric hooked it up for us. LOL. We oogled over baby Brayden for a bit, o and he peed on me when I was so graciously changing his poopy diaper, little terd! Then it was game on! Eric brought two friends over so the boys all set up the Poker table and my mom, Brandi and I played Wii forever. My mom is mastering bowling! LOL. It was so fun. We did stockings, put together an easel for my kids, no help from the boys might I add!! And finally about 230am we all hit the hay. No great drunken stories this year or obnoxious boy stories either. Weird. So until morning.............................
Papa and Wy
Ky and her "champagne"Cheeseball HunterJoker gamesThey are so cute!!!Uncle Lukey reading to ParkerParker man!I love this one!Waiting for presentsVery patiently!Big thanks yous for NanaMy handsome boysThe three boys in their PJsAll 5 down... watching Wall EFianlly Brayden came all dressed up!Poker tourneyLets the games begin!So cute... mama and babyAttempting to put together the dumb old easel

2 comments:

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

your christmas eve is always entertaining! first thing...ash looks so happy, and that baby is ADORABLE! i can't believe she is out and about already!

second, each one of jacks pictures blew me away. he looks like a big kid all of the sudden! what happened?!

Anonymous said...

I think I love Christmas Eve the very most! The kids have a great time waiting for Santa, and I think the adults always have even more fun! Amazing we had no drunken stories this year, which I think is a good thing, right? The tree was still standing upright and Dad wasn't under it! Loved it!