Friday, December 19, 2008

Jacks Preschool Pageant!

So let me start by saying that friday... crazy day! OMG! This is how it began.... Ashley was supposed to be at my house at 830am to watch Keira and Wyatt so I could help in Jacks class. They were having their holiday party and play before the two week xmas break that i was dreading and wishing didnt exist! Jack and I hurried to get ready and then I got a call.... from Ash. Went like this...

Ash: "Ummm I dont think Ill make it to your house to watch the kids..."
Me: "Are you joking?????"
Ash: "Im pretty sure my water just broke!"
Me: "Wait whatttttt?!?!?!?!! Youre pretty sure???? You would know honey!!!"
Ash: "O im sure!"
Me: "OMG OMG!! This isnt supposed to happen today! OMG!!!" (Her induction date was set for the 26th btw)
Ash: "Ya so what do I do now!"
Me: "Ummmm take a shower, pack your stuff and call your doctor... then head to the hospital"
Ash: "I already did..."
Me: "Then get your ass to the hospital lady!"

Then I proceeded to freak out in a fluster run around the house what the heck am I gonna do now kind of matter! I called a few friends to see if they could watch the two little ones and prayed that she wouldnt pop this kid out before noon when I could get there! No one could do it... so I ended up dropping them next door with Lena, my lifesaver of a nanny! Luke took the rest of the day off too in case I had to go to the hospital. I helped in jacks class, setting up his party and taking pictures and serving the food. They did a book exchange too and Jack ended up with a really cool xmas book. Then it was time for their play. Luke met me at school and we got a seat in the front row. All the little angels piled in to the church with their hands together in front of them. Then they all sang away in a manger, rudolph, we wish you a merry xmas and a couple other favorites. Huge improvement from last year for Jack, this year he actually sang. Unfortunately my video camera was dead :( Just my luck that day I guess. I did record a little on my camera though.. hopefully I can figure out how to do it! LOL Afterwards he was so happy daddy was there to see him and pick him up. It was so cute... I love their little "pageant". Listening to 100 3-5 year olds sing is pretty entertaining. The rest of the day.... to be continued!

No comments: