Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day 13...

I L-O-V-E the river. Seriously one, if not THE one, of my favorite places to be. I love it. I love being with all our freinds, doing what we know best-having a good time. I love having our own place to take family vacations and our own boat to make memories with our kids. I love every part about it. I love waking up at 730 to get our butts on the water by 830am. I love playing mom on our boat and organizing everything the way I want it while we wait in line to launch (people think Im a freak, I am very paticular about packing our boat!). I love the slow cruise with the music blaring while we layer on sunscreen til we hit the booies. I love the ride out to our paticular beach thats so far out there no one else EVER goes to it. I love stopping halfway there to jump in and cool down. I love setting up chairs and games when we first get there. I love popping open the first beer of the day at 9am when its already 100 degrees outside. I love when there are over 50-60 people there with us (mind u, these are our closest friends) and I also love when there is just 10 of us out there. I love playing botchie ball all day and challenging people to bets haha. I love tubing, even when Jen Badraun kicks my butt every time. I love floating in my life jacket diaper. I love when we have the kids with us and they play all day never expressing an ounce of crankiness cuz they are having way too good of a time. I love watching Luke take the kids on the jet skiis and watching their faces when they come in from a ride. I love when its almost dusk and we pack up and head back to the docks. I love when the kids fall asleep in their life jacket on the way back. I love going to Casa Serrano for dinner and getting maragaritas galore. I love piling the kids into one room so an under age one can watch them while we sit at the tables all night with EVERYONE. I love when Mac Fitch keeps putting money in front of me when I lose haha. I also love winning at those tables which doesnt usually happen but Ill write it anyways :) And I love starting all over again the next day. Seriously nothing beats the river. I love it.

4 comments:

Brooke and Aaron said...

I love boating too. I wish we had our own boat so we wouldn't have to borrow dad's, but I guess that'll come later. You have such a fun blog. You're so good at updating it. You're awesome Amy. I'll second that post about loving sleeping babies. It melts me...especially when I've had a hard day, one glance at them sleeping makes the stress go away somehow.

ashley said...

ok, all i want to do is go tubing right now.
so many loves here is is awe inspiring. we never go to the river, but this is how i feel about lake powell.
and yes, egg salad sandwiches sound so good right now too.mmmmm.

The Trotter Family said...

Holy abs Batman! Who is the chick on the left with the six pack? I'm jealous, or should I lie to you and say that my abs look like that too? I miss the days of boating. I hope to return to it again one day and hold on for dear life on a tube behind one!

Anonymous said...

Love seeing your pics of the river... brings back lots of intense memories! I'm glad you guys are creating your own memories there as Dad and I did with all of you kids. We have SO many great stories that we'll never forget. Best times of our (and your) life!!!