Tuesday, February 26, 2008

OC Zoo

Who knew Orange County has their own ZOO now?!?! Im sure most of you have been, and its a mini zoo to say the least, but perfect when you have a 3 year old and a one year old who need to get some ya-ya's out!(Luke hates that phrase haha) Landons mom Wendy, had asked me if we wanted to go last week, and I knew it existed but I had never been. So of course we were all for it. We picked the boys up from school and I followed her to Irvine. Drove through some taco Bell for lunch and brought it with us. We sat outside the Zoo entrance and had lunch at the picnic tables. We are all sitting there eating our tacos where out of nowhere this HUGE bird comes walking along beside us... eyeballin our taco bell.... damn bird. I thought the thing was going to attack for a bite of my bean and cheese burrito. This wasnt just some crow or something, it was a full blown PEACOCK! The thing was HUGEEEEEEEE! And literally came right up to our table. Dont believe me, look at this picture of it right over Landons shoulder.... no zoom on this peacock i promise. It was freakishly close. Scared the hell outta me, I wont lie. Anyways, after leaving the peacock infested table we went to the Zoo... its so small its literally $2 a person to get in. I know expensive huh :) There was some cool stuff though, lamas, big black bears, owls, mountain lions, deer, coyote, leapords, beavers, porcupines, and of course your friendly petting zoo where I managed to see the craziest goats of all time. Probably took us 30 minutes to walk through the whole thing. It was perfect! After we left the zoo part we went over to the train, yes! they have a train. Its a little mini railroad with a train that goes around Irvine park.... very cute, and extremely fun when your 3 and 1!! Landon and Jack sat up front and the whole way they were so amused we never heard a peep out of them! After the ride we picked up some icees from the snack window and sat the boys down to drink them before getting in the car to FALL ASLEEP! They were wiped. They had so much fun... Jackson LOVES hanging out with landon and its cute to watch them together... they get so goofy and have these little things that only the two of them do. Too cute... We got in the car and both the boys fell asleep immediately, which we all know what that means... it was a successful day!
Jackson, Landon and Wy looking for porcupines
Jackson and the lama...
Wyatt climbing the fence like the big boys.... this kid scares me... im so screwed!
Feeding the gross sheep. They seriously make me wanna gag..Wyatt and Logan waiting for the train!Riding the train!Wyatt and Logan ridin the train...
The end of the day...

5 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

I went there once with Micah and my niece. They loved it and even though it was small, it was kind of nice not to have to spend all day there to see everything. As for the peacocks, yes, they are huge and bold. Why are they letting those things run around wild? They can be very mean! I need to go back there and let Micah ride the horses next time.

ashley said...

you are screwed, wyatt is so cute climbing that fence, but your screwed. better get a leash.

ashley said...

and i really want to live next to you guys and come over for game night. we could be the token non-alcohol consuming, but still swearing, mormon couple in the group?

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

how fun! your boys are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh man.... I love that place. My kids have had some good times there...and the best part is how low key it is, and not a lot of crouds! i am jealous your kids are in shorts....I need some vitamin D...Sun ,sun, come out, come out where ever you are!
~Val