Monday, February 25, 2008

Friday Game Night

Friday night we had people over to have a usual game night (we sound so old).... but hey, it was raining and cold and we had the kids, probably a million other reasons we can think of but i dont mind sounding old! We put on a fire, i made some strawberry shortcake (people think im the best cook EVER when I make this stuff-I fooled them, its on the back of the bisquick box, DUH!!!) and when I finally put the kids to bed (ps. do you see the picture that shows my kids at the counter with a bottle of vodka, whip cream, a wine opener, a beer bottle and catch phrase-my poor children, Im a bad mom! LOL!) we pulled out Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture. Hardest game of all time, I didnt know the answer to one question. Allison was sitting next to me and I think we finally just had full on coversations cuz we were so bored. Thank God for Lindsay who finally spoke up and said "this game sucks, we can play catch phrase"..... DITTO! I think most of us girls felt that way. It was sooo hard. Poor J, he had just went to buy it and brought it over to play so he was kinda bummed, haha. So we pulled out catch phrase instead. Waaaaay more fun. We played guys vs girls (like always) and the girls KILLED the guys this time. KILLLLLED!!!!!!!! We play with each couple going at the same time. For example, Luke and I sit up front with the little machine and have people guess. I give my clues and the girls guess, and then I pass it to Luke and he gives clues to have the boys guess. Whoever it lands on when the timer goes off loses. We all get pretty into it... so into it that Caley decided to tape it on her phone and download them.... so these videos are compliments of Caley.... I just about died laughing listening to these. May not be too funny if you dont know who is talking (they are kinda dark too) but here is a glimpse into our game nights.

***WARNING***

Videos may contain vulgar language, obscene gesturing, arguing, yelling and alcohol consuption!!! However it is all in good fun!!! Rated R.

Enjoy!

Ps. Dont forget to pause the music on my page for the full effect!

Jeff and Lindsay and Jeffs four year old temper tantrum haha. (and Dustin sitting at his feet!)

Greg and Nicola and Gregs vulgar descriptions LOL

Dustin and Ambra (boys cheating again!)



Me and Luke... he lost!

3 comments:

Caley said...

love it..... so funny!!!! so much fun, I love video posts! Best ever! yah my page has pretty much the same post. just a few diff. videos. feel free to check it out if you'd like. yah for Amy's strawberry short cake too!

www.caleyisbell.blogspot.com

Valley Girl said...

Sounds like a blast!!! I LOVE game nights! It always brings out the worste in me though...I would be the one cheating and throwing a fit, at least I admitt it though, right? I was banned from my family game night back in highschool...I know I am so bad. Jeremy has vowed not to play games with me. Oh well...I love your videos!
And all your updates, I read them all the time, but I rarely leave comments anymore...Sorry, I will be better, I promise!!!

Krystal: Wife, Mom, Former Sleeper said...

awe I LOVE GAME NIGHT..it's been a while for us though. and i LOVE STRAWBERRY SHORT CAKE!

jason and i get super competitive though and it can get pretty ugly. last time we played pictionary with my dad and step-mom, it turned into a full contact sport!!

you should come over and make me some short cake, then we can play games ;)