Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Weekend Recap!

I love long weekends.... I feel like it was productive. Always good. Friday night we started the weekend and had a bunch of friends over to play cranium. You are all probably wondering if the guys beat the girls AGAIN. We played 3 teams of three this time, co-ed haha. However when we pulled numbers Luke, J and Greg just HAPPENED to pull the same numbers. Soooo not fair. So yes, they won, but not by much. My friends Justin and Lindsay just moved into Ladera and had been at Beachfire when they called me to hang out. Well i didnt get there call til about midnight when wee were done playing so I called them back and they came over at 1230 haha. Luke went to bed shortly after but Linz and I stayed up til they left at 330am. I woke up with quite the wine hangover. So nice to catch up though.


Saturday morning we headed out the door to Gavins 2nd bday party. As always, the kids had a ball with pizza, cake, bounce houses, party favors and when we got home at 2pm they passed out. Just in time for Kelly to come sit with them while Luke and I went car shopping. Yup, time to turn in the Pathfinder.... so you wanna know what we got.......... TAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Thats right, bet u cant tell them apart. They are identical. We got another pathfinder. Of ocurse its an 08, and not an 05. But really, they are identical. We got a great deal too so this is what we ended up going with. I wanted something other than white so I felt like I had a different car but this was the only color that had everything we wanted. This one is alot nicer than our old one though. Lots of upgrades on this one we didnt have before, including a back up camera which i need (more a front one then a back one but ill take what I can get!). this one has a sunroof which Jack LOVES. He keeps saying "mom i wanna see the sky!" Even this morning when I took him to school and it was raining!! So anyways, were happy. We went to Jeff and Lindsays for tacos and taught them how to play Joker and i got to see all the babies new furniture! So cute... cant wait for Maddie to get here.

Sunday we actually dropped the kids at my bros and went to sign papers and pick the car up. Then we all headed to my parents for my sister in laws birthday. So while we are on the subject... To one of the strongest people I know who can get through absolutely anything with her head held high.... Happy Birthday Jenny!!! We love you and hope your day at Disneyland was a memorable one! Heres to many many more!! Unfortuantely I didnt have a pic of her but heres a great one of Parker wishing Mom a happy birthday!! HAHA! Another cute Erwin!
We went to the bluff for awhile and my dad, Luke and the kids played a little football/monkey in the middle. However it was freezing so it didnt last long haha. After dinner, cake and presents we had a Joker tournament, Marc and I were killing it, til the last game when the "Champions of the world" (thats what they call themselves) AKA Luke and my dad, decided to reunite and conquer once again. Boooo!
Jackson, Hunter and Kylee playing football....
Jackson and Parker Brandi, Marc and Wyatt freezing to death.... Daddy and Wy skateboarding! My dad, Hunter and Jackson playing monkey in the middleMonday was VERY productive. Luke had the day off and we spent it cleaning the garage while the kids played out front. Well eventually it turned into a block party. All the neighbor kids were playing out front with them by the time we were done. Even the dads were challenging them to some hockey! We cleaned the house, did laundry and then made crab legs for dinner! Sooooooooo good! Long weekend but it was a good one! Now here comes a busy week!

6 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Another Pathfinder? Well that makes me feel better about our decision. After I asked you about it, Chad and I took a look at them and decided that we would get one as soon as we can. We both really like them. I will need gray though since I don't wash my car as often as I should! I seem to have the curse of "if you wash the car, it will rain in the next day or two." Maybe I should check the weather forecast before I take it in!

lauren said...

ha another pathfinder? thats funny. thats what i want stoll, but david really wants the armada. i think its too big and i wont be able to park it, and ill always be parking in the VERY back of the parking lot everywhere. well see... well glad you had a good weekend.

ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashley said...

hope you got it...cause now it's gone! let me know if you need it again!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday shout out, Amy- I appreciate it! And as always, love seeing pictures of my kid on your blog! (No, I'm not a proud mom or anything!!) --Jen