Friday, February 8, 2008

Home at Last...

Well we found Gary dog.... not a happy camper though. Soooooooooooo... my day starts out with my distraught three year old having meltdowns all day because of it and calling shelters and posting flyers. I went by mission animal shelter right up the street to see if he was there. I asked the lady (as jackson is crying behind me cuz we didnt find him there) if Gary got picked up in ladera would he come to this shelter and she said no, he would go to a shelter in ORANGE!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?! So far. So she suggested I look at the website. I had already done that. This morning There was a dog that looked just like Gary so I started complaring their markings in pictures. So i called to see when he had been brought in and they said the 6th, so I knew it wasnt Gary. My brother however told me to call back and see where they picked him up just to be certain. So I did at lunch time, when we finally got home about noon from posting flyers. They said it was nowhere near ladera. So I kept looking at the website and noticed one of the dogs whose picture wasnt up this morning had a picture so I clicked on it and there was my smiling pup!!! I called right back so excited I was barely able to hold the phone. It was Gary, the girl laughed cuz I had just called. So after picking my car up and returning my bubble rental car the boys and I headed to ORANGE to pick up our dog. Jackson kept saying "mom im so happy, i get my dog back!" It was so cute. Him being so upset about Gary made me even more upset. So i get there to pick him up and they said to go make sure it was him, Jack saw him before I did and was so giddy and excited. So I went to the window to claim him and the guy starts naming all these fees. It cost me almost $200 to get this dog outta the kennel. I almost had a heart attack. Thats more than what we paid to adopt him. I couldnt believe it. Freakin dog! So needless to say, he is home, safe and sound and jack is so happy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Grief ! 'Almost $200 to get Gary out of the kennel! ! ! !
That is totally Highway Robbery ! But I am sure that it was worth it, when you saw the delight on darling Jack's face ! Tell Gary he had better not wander around ANY More !

The Trotter Family said...

Yay! Why in the heck was he in Orange though of all shelters? My dog ended up in the MV shelter when he ran away (to the grocery store after a dog in heat), how did Gary get down to Orange? Oh well, having a happy three year old is worth it right?